Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
do you have an idea which jail/prison in AZ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure it all depends on what security level i get classified in (most likely mininum). Maybe Florence
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM

Good luck in prison. Stay positive and most of all don't drink as it has done nothing good for you in your life obviously. Don't listen too much to the ridiculous posters in this thread. A vast majority of 2plus2ers are young spoiled kids who don't have much of a clue about real life.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure it all depends on what security level i get classified in (most likely mininum). Maybe Florence

[/ QUOTE ]

Florence is a really nice city. Lots of good food and hot women. Rent scooters one day and trash around the city. Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got 3 DUI's in less than 2 years, 1 of them on a suspended license and I only spent a weekend in jail total.(not counting time in detox)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have representation? My general observation has been that, at least in my jurisdiction, the punishment for DUI is 4 to 5 times greater for individuals who do not get lawyers.

The problem I have with the 2.5 years is not the length of time so much as the relative length of time. This thread occurred to me yesterday when I was listening to the news and a women who assaulted a baby in her care (daycare worker) causing brain damage got 18 months of house arrest. One of my last criminal cases was a drug dealer. He sold crack, was the leader of a small gang, was found with a weapon and was also charged with assaulting a competing drug dealer. He got 3 years. When you factor in double time for time served pre-trial he ended up spending less time in jail than OP.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got 3 DUI's in less than 2 years, 1 of them on a suspended license and I only spent a weekend in jail total.(not counting time in detox)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have representation? My general observation has been that, at least in my jurisdiction, the punishment for DUI is 4 to 5 times greater for individuals who do not get lawyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I got an attorney who specializes in DUI cases. I know probably 10+ people with 1-2 DUI's, and NONE of them have ever served more than a couple of weekends for a DUI because they got a lawyer.

If you can't afford it, the relative cost of a good attorney is worth taking out a loan for in cases like this.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Try to get yourself an appellate attorney and hope that an issue works out for you.

I dunno what to say, man. Happy trails. I mean, that's just gonna be some long [censored]. Basically, try to find a few guys who can't play poker + won't rape you if you pwn them. Look forward to that, learning a new language, and becoming a better person. I dunno. Tough.

Barry
Old 11-27-2007, 03:55 PM

To show my support for jhog, I pledge to drive drunk every day until his release.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem I have with the 2.5 years is not the length of time so much as the relative length of time. This thread occurred to me yesterday when I was listening to the news and a women who assaulted a baby in her care (daycare worker) causing brain damage got 18 months of house arrest. One of my last criminal cases was a drug dealer. He sold crack, was the leader of a small gang, was found with a weapon and was also charged with assaulting a competing drug dealer. He got 3 years. When you factor in double time for time served pre-trial he ended up spending less time in jail than OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dropped 10 grand on a lawyer. It didn't really help much though becasue in AZ there is a mandatory sentencing schedule for DUI offenses. So the only wa a lawyer can really help is trying to find discrepencies or mitigating circumstances in the case. Also AZ prisons don't offerf 2 for 1s in terms of days served. I will have to serve atleast 85% of my time.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:07 AM

Here's another MADD policy that's not working... raising the drinking age from 18 to 21:

Researchers at the Center of Alcohol Studies at Rutgers University found that raising the drinking age to 21 simply shifted fatalities from those aged 18 to 20 to those aged 21 to 24. They concluded, on the basis of their exhaustive federally-funded study, that drinking experience, not drinking age, is the most important factor. 1

A new and comprehensive study examined the effects of different traffic safety measures (speed limits, discretionary and mandatory seat belt laws, alcohol policies, etc.) over time on a variety of age groups. The researchers found that raising the drinking age was associated with fatality reductions of 5% among 18-20 year-olds at the expense of an 8% increase among 21-23 year-olds. Higher drinking age and "policies which keep teens away from alcohol may to some degree simply shift the attendant mortality risks to young adulthood," they observed. Additionally, "the magnitude of the mortality redistribution" is "quite large." 2

As Dr. Mike A. Males of the University of California observes, "The bottom line is that raising the drinking age to 21 did not improve a young person's odds of avoiding fatal alcohol mishap before age 25." 3

The popular idea that delaying the consumption of alcohol by young people appears highly questionable. As researchers at the Center of Alcohol Studies found, drinking experience reduces traffic fatalities.

This suggests that young people should learn to drink in moderation before learning to drive. Inexperienced drinking combined with inexperienced driving appears to be a highly dangerous mix.

This is not a strange or radical idea. Italians, Greeks, Spaniards, Jews, Portuguese and many others around the world teach their children how to drink in moderation as pre-schoolers. What's a strange and radical idea is imposing a minimum drinking age of 21. Of all the nations of the entire world, the U.S.is the only country to maintain this extreme social experiment. The other countries that have tried it (Ukrainia and South Korea) have concluded that it doesn't work and have abandoned it.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dropped 10 grand on a lawyer. It didn't really help much though becasue in AZ there is a mandatory sentencing schedule for DUI offenses. So the only wa a lawyer can really help is trying to find discrepencies or mitigating circumstances in the case. Also AZ prisons don't offerf 2 for 1s in terms of days served. I will have to serve atleast 85% of my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually quite impressed that you are actually going to do the time. I know if I was in your situation I'd leave the jurisdiction. No hesitation. 2.5 years is way too much time to lose.