Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2007, 03:53 AM

Default quick question about talking during a hand..

the pots three way, i open raise on the cut-off for 4bbs with pocket nines. (two very passive players) the button re-raises for 12 bbs and the OOP player pushes for his remaining 40 bbs or so.

obviously im not going to call, and i made a very educated guess and i said aloud "pocket jacks or tens?" while im mucking my hand. The button decides for a while and manages to call the remaining 28 bbs, and she flips over a q suited.

flop comes A x x x x and he takes down a decent size pot.
the OOP player shows J J and is furious at me for saying my guess aloud as that compromised the pot. i explained to him he couldnt have played the hand more obvious from my perspective (as he ALWAYS slow plays kk aa) and he got up left the room for the rest of the night.

it was only 1-2nl so i didnt feel he needed to get so upset considering how low the stakes were, so my question is: since i was involved in the pot am i allowed to speak my thoughts, or is considered bad mannered to even talk while involved in a hand? obviously this may be an opinionated response but i would like some replies.

Thanks!