Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Staking Arrangement Question

My friend and I are discussing a staking arrangement but neither of us has much experience with staking. I was hoping you guys could fill us in on some details in a standard staking arrangement.

The thing we seem to be getting hung up on is whether the stakes provided are cumulative. That is to say, if a staker provides a stakee with buy ins on a per tourney basis and the stakee cashes in, say, the third tourney he is staked in, does the stakee then owe the staker the buy ins back for the previous two tourneys as well?

Similarly, say a staker were to send a stakee 2k to play tourneys with of his own choosing and the stakee lost all 2k. If the staker then sent the stakee an additional 2k, which the stakee turned into 20k, would the stakee be expected to make up the initial 2k out of the profits (18K) from the second 2k?

I don't know if I articulated that well. The basic question is - are stakes cumulative? If a stake is made and then lost, is it standard for that stake to be made up from profits of future staking arrangements?

Thanks for your feedback guys.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Staking Arrangement Question

yes, makeup
Old 11-08-2007, 06:13 PM

As with everything in a staking arrangement - it's up to the staker and the stakee...

For example, if you're doing a full stake like you describe, I can't imagine anybody agreeing to a staking arrangement without makeup.

If, however, you're just buying a piece of somebody in a tourney (or a series), makeup may not be part of the equation.

But whatever you do - be specific up front...

OT
Old 11-09-2007, 03:31 AM

what you are describing is makeup, and is pretty standard in almost every staking arrangement. if I play 3 tourneys backed by someone else the buyin is counted as the sum of all 3 buyins, so stake are cumulative