Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: 3k NL WSOP - standard? overplayed?

The reason ppl think we have good implied odds is because we already know villain 4bet shoved. Given what we know at the time that villain makes a raise on the flop, we DO NOT have good implied odds.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason ppl think we have good implied odds is because we already know villain 4bet shoved. Given what we know at the time that villain makes a raise on the flop, we DO NOT have good implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a cash game. Old people's raising ranges in tournaments are extremely tight here. I think at WORST he has the nut flush draw, but he probably has K4, K9 or a set.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In any case, this is an example of an MTT player not adjusting to deep money.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a cash game. Old people's raising ranges in tournaments are extremely tight here. I think at WORST he has the nut flush draw, but he probably has K4, K9 or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, people raise just a king here all the time, i have no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, who said villain was old? Third, we do not have good implied odds against 2 pair.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:03 AM

We know he's bad. 99% of old players are bad. He's probably old. I know that's not correct logic, but you know it's probably true. We know he's bad.

People don't raise here with any king in a live tournament. It's taken me a while of playing live tournaments to get that, but they really don't. A common live player's raising range here for value is extremely tight. Some people might do it with air. If he is raising any random king because he's bad, he's unlikely to fold it once you call, turn is the 7c and you c/r the [censored] out of him.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 AM

what the hell is that first paragraph, honestly?

And your whole absolute read is absurd, no general read on those over the age of 45 can be that set in stone.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 AM

It's obviously not set in stone, but I have found it to be true against most people. This is how one usually forms a range against these people, we usually use our past experiences. I would say his raising range on this flop is usually very tight because that's just how people play.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 AM

Fight! Fight!

And personally, I don't care at all about what the actual action was. We have pair + FD, with shallow stacks, in a donkament, vs a random unknown.

My current kick is making every decision 10000x easier than everyone else likes to, but whatever, still think it fits here.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:05 AM

people raise a king here all the time. they are ahead of us at the moment. they want to find out where they're at (a lot of people on this board do , too). when we 3-bet them, we tell htme where they're at, even though it's not really where they're at. i like 3-betting and just calling the shove and gambling because if we flat it's just way too obvious when we make our hand.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:24 AM

id aggressively call the raise to 450 and then check in the dark to create confusion