Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 12:06 PM

Default too carefull?

Notes on the blinds.

SB: tight and weak player. don't raise often without a very strong hand (2 pairs minimum)

BB: call preflop but fold almost every time on the flop if he doesn't hit. bet and raise only with top pair and better.

Here the hand. Do you raise the turn? and on the river, should i call or raise.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, J.
3 folds</font>,Hero raises</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5, 2, 3(3 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero raises</font>, SB 3-bets</font>, Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets</font>, SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J(2 players)</font>
SB bets</font>.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: too carefull?

Is TT in his range, or is he so weak that he would he not 3b that on the flop? I'm going to guess TT is in his range. Also guessing he would never 3b 22-55 PF, and he would not play AA this strongly based on your read, even with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

So basically he has either AK[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or AQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or else TT.

This looks like a call.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM

he knows that i can raise the flop with a good draw so AA-TT are in his range for the 3bet on the flop, yes. he also know i would have cap preflop with JJ and better.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he knows that i can raise the flop with a good draw so AA-TT are in his range for the 3bet on the flop, yes. he also know i would have cap preflop with JJ and better.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, the only question for me is would he c/r AA[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after you cap the flop? If so, you can raise/fold the river. If not, I would just call.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM

This is a crying call if ever I saw one. A weak tight player will almost never lead out here without the nuts. You're screwed, but you obv can't quite fold either.

Not sure if it's correct, but I'm sure I would have 3 bet turn. If he caps and leads, then I could def let this hand go (and yeah, I'm the kind of weenie who likes to show villain my awesome read when I make this fold).

But no, I don't think you were too careful in this hand, against this villain.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:45 PM

I 3bet the river usualy, and hope my read of villain was wrong, or that he is pushing too hard with somethin else.. anyway.. i think he has AhAx a lot of the time...

when he checkriases this turn, i still think we are ahead more than 50% of the time..
whether that warrants a turn 3bet or not, is tough, because when he caps the turn, we are likely behind...

calling down with your read is fine though.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:16 PM

i like it as played I think raising's kind of a spew, TT may not be in his range after the flop 3bet (though probably since u didnt cap pre) and KQ KJ AT AK AQ maybe even QJ (and less likely with player description K9 QT JT T9 ect) are more combos than it anyways, tho 55 is definitely possible as well and from some players 33 esp vs a button open. However, I dont think we re far enough ahead to raise anywhere after his turn cr becuz worse hands will slow down and better hands the nuts or second nuts will reraise again

I wouldnt say its a crying call tho theres 6 combos easy we beat vs almost the same number of flushes in his raise, easy call atleast (and happy to do so) getting even less pot odds.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 PM

I would 3-bet the turn. I don't think I'd fold here just about ever.