Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

Can we not get any larger samples? Or is this all he has played?

When did he last play?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, until this is settled why dont we just post about it in the most popular 2p2 forums? hopefully p5s and the other sites will start talking about this too. we can all tell our friends and they can tell their friends. lets get the word out quick - some online poker players can see your cards. hopefully people will get scared to play online. then, we can finally get some nice layovers in donkaments m i rite???

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this thread should be deleted / in mod forum

its pretty much 100% that he cheats, we dont really need much more evidence. this is just going to cause gossip and get ppl scared n stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I think adanthar made a big mistake by making this a public thread. People who got affected should discuss this situation privatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as Adanthar is 100% sure there is cheating going on this is the correct move. If there is actually these superaccounts on AP there has to be more speculation about it around the internet and lot of more people who are affected by it then just couple 2+2ers. So when he posts the thread here all the info gets posted and people get better picture of the whole situation.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah and it seems to me that luckylloyd isn't suggesting that AP is directly doing it, but someone with access to the superuser account or the means to create one may have left something for himself in the code for the software upgrade or whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Nath. That is where I was going, yes.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:01 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-16-2007, 07:08 AM

Blueman you must be a complete idiot. If you guys don't understand that the screenshot evidence posted makes it more than 1 in a a million that there is not cheating going on, you should study poker math a bit more. And that's before we get to the evidence of ikestoys heads up match, which admittedly is not conclusive proof of anything but certainly makes it probably, oh, i dunno, ten times less likely that the screenshot evidence is erroneous.

-Michael
Old 09-16-2007, 07:10 AM

I was hit pretty hard by this (well into 5 figs vs graycat+doubledrag). I want to know if there is any legal recourse if Absolute Poker doesn't return our funds?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 AM

i tried coordinating a "strike" to protest their unjustifiable revision of bonus/rakeback payments with a bunch of props / high volume midstake limit players (we probably contribute more rake than anyone).

it's just not realistic though.
the opportunity cost is too high for all of us.

i will be seeing a vip host in aruba when i go in two weeks, and i will make a point of bringing this issue up. druff is being sent there too (same vip hosts handle it i believe), as are a few other high stakes players from AP. ill do whatever i can.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:20 AM

blueman take it from a maths undergrad student

[x] AP is rigged

seriously through like md says the statistical analysis forces us to reject the hypothesis that it is just variance.

Also those HH's are sick
Old 09-16-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to know if there is any legal recourse if Absolute Poker doesn't return our funds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you're probably going to have to go down there and kidnap someone to get your money back. I don't think Antiguan courts are too keen on these kind of lawsuits.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, until this is settled why dont we just post about it in the most popular 2p2 forums? hopefully p5s and the other sites will start talking about this too. we can all tell our friends and they can tell their friends. lets get the word out quick - some online poker players can see your cards. hopefully people will get scared to play online. then, we can finally get some nice layovers in donkaments m i rite???

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this thread should be deleted / in mod forum

its pretty much 100% that he cheats, we dont really need much more evidence. this is just going to cause gossip and get ppl scared n stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I think adanthar made a big mistake by making this a public thread. People who got affected should discuss this situation privatly.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as Adanthar is 100% sure there is cheating going on this is the correct move. If there is actually these superaccounts on AP there has to be more speculation about it around the internet and lot of more people who are affected by it then just couple 2+2ers. So when he posts the thread here all the info gets posted and people get better picture of the whole situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see that it will make people come forward and speed up the investigation. But I am afraid that if this will go public, the damage will be enormous.
Closed Thread