this is pretty standart stuff
Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 PM
 is offline

Default Re: NL50: my KK gets 3bet by BB PF

4bet, call shove.

Pretty standart stuff
Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 PM

You don't need to be as tricky at lower stakes, this adjustment certainly pays off well at NL100 and NL200 tho. If you tend to shove a lot for other hands (I don't mean pf), then shoving works, raising a small enough amount so as to look like you might fold to a shove might work. Whatever. I think this serves the same purpose as call and collect cbet moneys.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it ~18 PF .
Don't shove PF.
If you 4bet him he is calling JJ/QQ sometimes ,but if you shove he is folding them a lot of times and you will win only a small pot.He might shove AK if you make it ~18 but I doubt he calls an all in with AK..

If he calls and an A flops I don't put any more money in the pot.On any non A flops we play for the rest of our stack

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Read your entire post and tell me again why you wouldn't put any more money into the pot?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't need to be as tricky at lower stakes, this adjustment certainly pays off well at NL100 and NL200 tho. If you tend to shove a lot for other hands (I don't mean pf), then shoving works, raising a small enough amount so as to look like you might fold to a shove might work. Whatever. I think this serves the same purpose as call and collect cbet moneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear what you're saying. But I do think that you have to "adjust", if you will, to opponents who may know that if you don't rr in this spot then you must not have kk or aa. I would think a 9-9-x player would be more inclined to notice something like that, and that therefore a flat-call type play may work better on someone like him. I do maintain that I think you've got a better shot at picking up that cbet (assuming he doesn't have aa) this way than if you predictably rr the kk. Believe me, I'm not advocating this play as the standard, but I think it can be benificial against tighter, probably more observant players