Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Bloons TD 2

none
Old 10-23-2007, 02:18 AM

[censored], i cant beat this on hard
Old 10-23-2007, 03:27 AM

just beat it got rewarded with a gold medal
Old 10-24-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've beaten Hard several times in a row. Load up the left and right with Darts and Cannons where they can hit both paths, and a bunch of Darts in the lower middle (I upgrade range on these, but not the others... and do the other upgrade on all of them). I also put one Cannon and a couple Darts in the upper right area where they can hit the bloons at the very start of the path... in order to get started on the black and lead bloons. A few levels require a bit of Monkey Glue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat Hard on my 3rd try using the same strategy that led me to beat Medium on my 2nd try . . . cannons cannons cannons. Early on money's short so you end up losing a few guys, and a reasonable number of levels need some tacks/monkey glue, but by the end it's so so easy.

Not sure, but I think I only bought one dart-throwin' monkey, and sold him when I could upgrade to a boomerang-thrower.

The goal is to get 4-5 cannons in the middle, with 2-3 freeze towers slowing them down kinda early on. Spike 8-way tower in the upper right (and then another one around level 30), boomerang-monkey and then a couple more spike towers in the upper left.

Gist is that the spike towers do a lot of popping early, allowing the freeze towers to do their thing, allowing the cannons to do THEIR thing.

I think my final screen had 7 cannons, 4 spike towers, 3 freeze towers, 3-4 boomerang monkeys. Early build goal is 2-4 cannons, 2 freeze towers, 1 spike tower (upper right), one boomerang monkey (covering upper left).
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27 PM

The super monkey with epic range and laser eyes works great with a lot of freeze towers.

I hate the spike towers, I love the boomerang monkeys since they can pop frozen balloons with the upgrade.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 PM

I can beat the hard level every time now with a mix of about 65% tack towers and 35% canons. I upgrade the tack towers so they shoot faster but don't bother with the canons - at 480 points for an upgrade you're better off waiting for an extra 100 and purchasing a new canon. The upgrade on the tack towers is essential though.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 PM

This game rules. Beat easy last night with all tack shooters (only upgraded a few. I found more tack shooters was better than fewer faster ones. Like it's key to have some at the beginning to start breaking down the black ones that turn to yellow and stuff, and then have a ton on the curves on the right), 2 cannons, and 1 hypersonic monkey. Used quite a few road spikes and quite a bit of glue. Playing medium now. also I just realized how much of a dork I am and I got a little sad.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 AM

youll get used to it
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 AM

For those of you that have beat it on hard, how do you start off? What are the first three things you buy and where do you put them?
Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you that have beat it on hard, how do you start off? What are the first three things you buy and where do you put them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I went cannon-dartmonkey-cannon, but it might have been cannon-cannon, I don't recall. Both were near the intersection in the middle (I think it's actually middle-left.)

Sounds like there's lots of ways to beat it.