Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Need Sports Betting forum\'s help

Hey guys,

At work we are upgrading to Office 2007 and my boss wants a test run of excel. I volunteered so basically I have half of tomorrow to fool around and make my own project to see if it is worth it to buy for the whole office.

What I want to do is make graphs and charts using the spreads from this season. I can obviously find current lines, but where can I find spread information on the seasons first 4 weeks? How much were the Pats favored by against Buffalo, how much were the colts favored over the Saints in Week 1, etc?

Is there a site that archives this? Please post here or just pm me the site.

When I am done I can post the excel file and it will have multiple tabs like how many times does a home dog cover, what is NE's record vs the spread, etc.

Gracias.

PS: nvm got it
Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Need Sports Betting forum\'s help

I have a question about my current spreadsheet.

I have populated the final spreads and outcomes for the past 5 years in the NFL.

As I am doing this weeks spreads and analysis, I came across something. Going forward, in my spread column should I put where the lines opened or where they closed? Should I keep track of how much they spread over the week and make that a special statistic?

My feeling is that Vegas does its best to set a 50/50 line, meaning they set it so the points awarded to the underdog make it a theoretical coinflip. As the week progresses the betting public at large shift the line to its "true" value.

But then I thought the lines only shift to cater to the public's whim and books set the final lines to the best price they can get, so maybe the most accurate lines are the inital ones?

In conclusion, would recording the opening lines or the closing lines on spreads be the most accurate for my spreadsheet?

Gracias
Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Need Sports Betting forum\'s help

[ QUOTE ]
opening lines or closing lines on spreads be the most accurate

[/ QUOTE ]