Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Suggestion

metsandfins,

No, I wasn't "pwned" by that response.

In retrospect I have no idea why I wasted time trying to explain it all to some of you. Probably because I thought that MEbenhoe and durron were taking heat for no good reason.

There is a pretty huge difference between my lame attempts at jokes in the thread brought up and BobOjedaFan pissing basically everyone off in a heavily-trafficked forum for over a year. Plus it's just a lame attempt at a counterargument ("oh he thinks BobO is a bad poster, let's examine some of his posts!!!") that reeks of cliquishness by a poster who after quick examination only posts in POG. It's not nor was ever about me nor was it personal, it was about BobOjedaFan's inability to post without inciting a near-riot in the Sports forum.

But it's unsurprising that some POGger decided to attack me personally. After all it had already happened to both MEbenhoe and durron. People who, in my limited online experience, only want the best for their forums. In short, you people who stick up for BobO well beyond reason should be ashamed of yourselves, and I'm not joking.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:02 AM

tuq: i think like i said most poggers havent seen the posts that are worthy of a ban. and personally, i dont have a problem with your posts or bobo's posts.
Maybe i realize that bobo is a moron and wasnt trying to incite a riot. he was trying to be funny .. and usually failing at it .. miserably
you were obv joking too .. but your posts are not much different then the supposed racist posts bobo made in the thread that eventually got him banned

and i didnt see anyone attack mebenhoe
durron .. yes people did ... because they have met him and met bobo so the real life thing makes it sticky

and if you are honestly getting upset im sorry for pointing the post out. Just wanted to see your reaction to it and maybe see where people were coming from.

Anyway, i am done with it and sorry for bringing it up again .. and you honestly did say the most rational thing in that whole thread

and i wont bring it up in this thread or that thread again
Old 10-03-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq: i think like i said most poggers havent seen the posts that are worthy of a ban. and personally, i dont have a problem with your posts or bobo's posts.
Maybe i realize that bobo is a moron and wasnt trying to incite a riot. he was trying to be funny .. and usually failing at it .. miserably
you were obv joking too .. but your posts are not much different then the supposed racist posts bobo made in the thread that eventually got him banned

durron .. yes people did ... because they have met him and met bobo so the real life thing makes it sticky

and if you are honestly getting upset im sorry for pointing the post out. Just wanted to see your reaction to it and maybe see where people were coming from.

Anyway, i am done with it and sorry for bringing it up again .. and you honestly did say the most rational thing in that whole thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Link, please?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 AM

guys,

can we get back to freeing istewart?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1
Old 10-03-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you honestly feel i am happy with how this ended up working out?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you honestly feel i am happy with how this ended up working out?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK i really am trying to be done with this.

in answer to your question, "do you honestly feel i am happy with how this ended up working out?" ---
probably not. But you didnt defend publicly defend him, and quoted a bunch of posts that were absolutely positively NOT banworthy at all and it was obvious you thought they were. At least that is the public perception.

You probably should have explained to bobo that a permaban may not be permanent if he behaves and it is decided to shorten the ban. Instead, bobo acted like a moran and waited less than 24 hours for a response from ryan (and i havent gotten a read receipt from the pm i sent ryan for bobo on saturday either fwiw) and circumvented the ban which i agree was ultimately his downfall and his own fault and ruined any reasonable chance of reinstatement.

Durron, you were in a tough spot i agree. Maybe you should have explained to him that "permaban" may not have been permanent and that if he behaved there was wiggle room.

In the big scheme of things, it's not really a big deal. A lot of us just disagreed with it, that is all
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys,

can we get back to freeing istewart?

[/ QUOTE ]

qft, imo.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 PM

free istewart
Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

[/ QUOTE ]

Aside from the usual disclaimers about not judging posters by a few posts, and a forum by a thread, POG does not come off well in this thread.

Specifically, Neil S... which is so close in name to a much more rocking poster!