Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Fun flop decision.

Preflop is call or fold...

Flop is bit more difficult. If we knew we were up against a straight then we're folding cos we likely only have our flush outs left to win and so a call is only breakeven if we can triple up. If they both have set/2P/draws then its an easy call.

Also if I call here CO is going to assume he is at least up against a set by either hero or UTG. I think CO is folding any overpair/2P hands here and calling only with a set or str8 (could be a bad assumption at this limit but hero would have just called a huge 3 bet on the flop with TAG still to act). Without knowing that COs money is in the pot, I think I fold. Im happy to call if CO was already in the pot hoping that Im up against anything but a str8 (ie any combo of sets,2P, TP+draw combo)

BTW I love this hand.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without knowing that COs money is in the pot, I think I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, UTG's range is huge and we are at least breakeven against it. What's 18 outs twice again?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without knowing that COs money is in the pot, I think I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, UTG's range is huge and we are at least breakeven against it. What's 18 outs twice again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Im actually finding it hard to figure out what his likely range is. He is loose but doesnt raise too much preflop (maybe any pair, AT+ from UTG). And he is a bit passive post flop but with a flop this coordinated even a passive player would bet a lot of one pair type hands I think. Maybe he has a big pair or a set that he feels he doesnt need to protect until he sees a bit of action behind him. Of course being a donk he probably doent actually think at all.

BTW I am actually thinking this may be a call on further reflection but I am interested to know if the majority of people want to see CO call or not.