Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm a late joiner to the party.. can anyone spare me 59 pages of data mining and tell me what the consensus is so far regarding what conclusions have been reached?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Three accounts - greycat, doubledrag and potripper - are able to view the hole cards of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this been established with certainty? Has AP commented on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a huge shocker, AP denied it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:19 PM

That's like the nail in the coffin for me. His stats for that dumping session are totally opposite to his normal winning stats (except for the 90 VPIP, which remains constant)..
Instead of raising massive on the river to fold weaker but better hands, he'll call (with the nut low - 43 high in one instance) and instead of c/f vs. monsters like he did *everytime*, he's now donking into AA/KK pre, or flopped monsters.

These plays, albeit over relatively small samples, are only concise with someone knowing exactly what you hold.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm a late joiner to the party.. can anyone spare me 59 pages of data mining and tell me what the consensus is so far regarding what conclusions have been reached?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Three accounts - greycat, doubledrag and potripper - are able to view the hole cards of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this been established with certainty?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know whether you're deliberately being silly, or this is unintentional.

If you want to read the detail you can read the posts. I don't think there is any <u>credible</u> doubt that there was cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
Has AP commented on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
There seem to be a couple of reports of AP denying everything - even denying the chip dumping.

They seem to be taking AP's standard line on this - deny everything, even when the facts are quite obvious.

There is an obvious irony in the apparent locking of some people's accounts for no obvious reason on a hair trigger, and the slow response to lock these accused cheaters' accounts.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not until yesterday, when it happened almost every time. [ QUOTE ]

See, this is the real clencher for me. That is an obvious counter to his cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
But it is not an obvious counter to his cheating.

Here is the chain of events:

1) Villain, never* goes all-in while behind.

2) Thread and accusation of cheating goes public.

3) Villain repeatedly goes all-in while behind.

Like, for [censored]'s sake - Even the "not so damning" (as claimed by the sceptics) hand history of the final table posted by Adanthar covers 26 hands. The villain VPIP on 22 of those 26 hands.

Of the 22 hands where the cheater put money into the pot, NOT ONCE did an opponent appear to have a large pocket pair.

Of the 4 hands where the cheater did not put money into the pot, EVERY SINGLE TIME an opponent had a large pocket pair.

*except where he had very favourable pot odds to draw.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:27 PM

15 minutes to thread lock, future discussion goes into new and improved thread #3 obv
Old 09-17-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not until yesterday, when it happened almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is the real clencher for me. That is an obvious counter to his cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah unfortunately it gives him a cover to throw up there when questioned, and something for the logic-challenged support people at AP to cling to. It's like arguing global warming with a libertarian. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this been established with certainty? Has AP commented on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a huge shocker, AP denied it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true -- AP has said nothing about it. The only quasi-official form reply statement denying anything came from Danielle, an affiliate manager there, but like i stated 3 times earlier, that means nothing -- she's on the affiliate side of things.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this been established with certainty?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know whether you're deliberately being silly, or this is unintentional.

If you want to read the detail you can read the posts. I don't think there is any <u>credible</u> doubt that there was cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I have been aware of this for 20 minutes and was faced with 60 pages on just one thread alone. I'm not being silly, just.. awestruck.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 PM

show's over, thread #3 is the new hotness
Closed Thread