Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 09-17-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Another potential piece of the AP puzzle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking through all of my graycat hands and although in my heart I believe he is cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Well if you feel it in your heart, then who needs proof...hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV must miss you
Old 09-17-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking through all of my graycat hands and although in my heart I believe he is cheating

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO Well if you feel it in your heart, then who needs proof...hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I meant that it'd be infinitely valuable to be able to examine all of the hands he plays and wins without showdown, and all the folds he makes. Which AP support COULD EASILY do, except OH WAIT, their support is INCOMPETENT. The 100% proof that we're looking for falls on that -- until then, I can only be 95% confident (ie he's played many, many fishy hands already that are shown, plus, his PT stats are unheard of and truly unfathomable)
Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Has anyone got all of the HH's of all the players and put them together to get a bigger sample size? If there was more like 3k hands it would be a lot harder to see it as luck than 500.

I also would have to think that if he's cheating that there's a 99.99% that absolute knows it and how it's being done. How couldn't they? Part of me thinks it'll force them to make sure it never happens again but I also wonder how in the world could anyone ever play on a site where you don't know if it's fair, especially for the money you guys play for.

PS - I realize the way he plays the hands (always folding when behind, etc) is really more important but it would be interesting nevertheless. Doubt you'll ever get his HH's as it would most likely be very damning proof and they know it. If you do I would suspect it to be doctored.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hacker is probably the type of player that thinks being able to lie really well and being naturally lucky with cards is who wins in poker. He probably didnt even realize that you guys would be mystified that he could run so well, much less even know anything about poker tracker and therefore the need to forge his stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or it's someone who knows what their doing and is just grabbing everything in one shot, or purposely trying to ruin Absolute.

Looks to me like this ability has been around for a while. Seif even toyed with it when he's tilting one time. But from his win-rate it doesn't look like Seif was using this extensively. Possibly because he has some integrity(?) or maybe because he doesn't have control over it. But the inside person who does lent him the power to have a little fun.

No telling how much has been milked over the last few years. Now something has obviously blown up where it's fallen into the wrong hands or someone has decided to cut and run.

As a programmer I can tell you it would be easy enough to pull this over on a not-very-well run organization. If you trust your programmers and don't bring in expensive auditors, this can easily happen.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 AM

I've read the lot and I have a suggestion off what is going on, dunno if it is made allready. He uses the hacks with pokertracker. Hints that this is so: pokertracker is hacked, he plays high limit games (in which everybody uses it), in tourneys he sux, but not in 1000$ entry tourneys (where everybody uses PT again) and last in limit he sux; it might be ppl in limit use PT less (dunno that actually, but i can imagine with that type of game).
Any thoughts?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 AM

If:

[ QUOTE ]
I've read the lot

[/ QUOTE ]

was true, you would not have posted the rest of what you posted.

a) There are no, there were no, and there will be no pokertracker client hacks. PT's update feature doesn't update automatically.

b) The largest loser (ikestoys) plays on a Mac, and thus, cannot even install pokertracker, let alone some virus contained in PT.

c) it is beyond reasonable to suspect that the villain has managed to distribute a virus to players when:
1) he cannot feasibly know their IP addresses
2) it has not hit any virus trackers/scanners
3) they are running different operating systems.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pokertracker is hacked

[/ QUOTE ]
If pokertracker was sending data out, I believe it would trigger for people using zone alarm or certain other firewall software that monitors outgoing network traffic.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would we have any legal recourse if Absolute doesn't make an effort to return funds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a joke? Online poker is illegal in the U.S. You have the same recourse that a drug dealer has when cheated. Bad PR and loss of business is the only deterant, not legal action.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:03 AM

Online poker is not illegal in the US, and any court case would obviously not be in a US jurisdiction.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Video of greycat and friends