Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-15-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Absolute Rigged?

From BBV: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12097244

Cliffsnotes: A few accounts (3-4) are alleged to be able to see holecards of other players, and they played high stakes tournaments and cash games.

This could be very bad for online poker/gambling in general.

EDIT: The thread was moved to the mod forum, the sources seem to be adanthar and bicyclekick (both mods).
Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Absolute Rigged?

so that's a link to a post in BBV...but there were other posts in HSNL and HSL. i guess they moved those but not the BBV thread...?

move them back - this is ridiculous
Old 09-15-2007, 08:24 PM

It's funny how when there is a time to spam Absolute comes running but when they have been caught in what could be one of the sleaziest scandals in online poker history they are nowhere to be found.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:29 PM

Um, before we anoint this with any superlatives, i'd like to see a little more evidence than a questionable HH.

I've been around long enough to have witnessed plenty of "rigged scandals"...funny how once the regulars making the accusations stop running so bad on the site in question, the rigged accusations peter off.

Un-lock the relevant threads, mods. What needs to be kept secret?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:26 PM

I might owe some people some apologies in the near future since i just realized that DOUBLEDRAG was one of the accounts ppl were accusing.

Quick anecdote: I played the guy at 15/30NL and to say he steamrolled the table would be the understatement of the year. First off, his VPIP was at LEAST 95%. No joke. He was prob raising or re-raising 50% of hands too...and doing F'd up stuff like min-reraising OOP all the time. Anyway, never saw him show down a loser (that i can remember altho i'll check my stats). My friend walked into the room while i was playing and i told him he had to watch this, that i was getting owned by DOUBLEDRAG and id never been so close to accusing someone of cheating. lol -- will be interesting to see how this turns out. i think he took me for like 6 grand or so. He had turned his $6,000 buy-in into $28,000 in around 200 hands playing 95% VPIP. That's hardly a smoking gun, but boy-oh-boy. Mods, if u want my HHs of this guy, let me know.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:35 PM

I'm interested in how this one pans out. It doesn't seem possible that somebody with an account like this could be stupid enough to abuse it in this way.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:45 PM

GG Absolute
You'll never get another penny from anyone if this proves out
Old 09-15-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in how this one pans out. It doesn't seem possible that somebody with an account like this could be stupid enough to abuse it in this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt, I understand how someone could get a little greedy/careless with this, but c'mon. This dude plays one tournament and wins $30K on T high? When does this clown start showing up in HH's?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The mods decided to move the threads because they do not want the people in question to get word that others know they are cheating. If they realize others know they will obv cash out everything immediately
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The mods decided to move the threads because they do not want the people in question to get word that others know they are cheating. If they realize others know they will obv cash out everything immediately

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because the cheaters will hear about the threads and just think it must be those other cheaters its not us.