Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Default nl100 interesting river spot vs tagfish deep

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($213.90)
Hero ($238.20)
UTG ($150.20)
MP ($130.75)
Button ($188)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

Turn: ($22) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $17</font>, Hero calls $17.

River: ($56) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $42</font> Hero raises to $210

villain is a standard tag fish. i have been 3betting him with a moderate frequency. we tangled a few times earlier in the session, but he's seemed to of avoided me lately or bad run of cards whatever. we're kind of deep so this gives me a huge edge as i feel like villain will be playing timid throughout hands with me, which could be why he's avoided pots with me.

as for the hand, plan was to float but then it occurred to me that villain was going to be double barreling a good turn a lot of the time with absolute air. for some reason this made me think that calling was a better decision than raising. reviewing the hand i think i should of raised the turn.

the call on the turn put me in a tricky spot on the river. i know villain is betting the turn with air a lot of the time. i think it's a large possibility that villain has air once this particular river hits. right now i think that the following thought would be going through the villain's head: "the only way i can win the pot is if i bet." or something to that affect.

tldr; basically i think villain has air here and can't call a shove
Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: nl100 interesting river spot vs tagfish deep

lol which one is the tagfish? He isnt folding an A bvb and you are representing air.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel like villain will be playing timid throughout hands with me

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it occurred to me that villain was going to be double barreling a good turn a lot of the time with absolute air

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
River: ($56) 3 (2 players)
SB bets $42

[/ QUOTE ]

You say he's going to play timid against you and he bombs three streets so you put him on air?

I think this bluff sucks. You represent absolutely nothing and he looks pretty damn strong (especially since you think he'll be playing so timid against you). I think you get called a huge percentage of the time.

If you somehow got a fold congrats but I think this makes you look like the tagfish.

Disclaimer: I am certainly not saying you ARE a tagfish just that in a vacuum, with the information you provided, this play seems pretty bad.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM

If you don't respect his ability to fold then why are you bluffing? This really looks like a Cbet/turned A/vbetting your 77-1010... probably AdXd. You actually think he is folding an ace here?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:08 PM

i agree, he is never folding an Ace in this spot and that is what he has the majority of the time. If you want to make a play at this pot, the flop is the place to do it imo as he misses here the majority of the time. You can also consider 3 betting preflop here.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol which one is the tagfish? He isnt folding an A bvb and you are representing air.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that he has an A here very often. i do think that he double barrels an A on the turn most/all the time
Old 09-12-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think that he has an A here very often. i do think that he double barrels an A on the turn most/all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

While that might be true he has now fired a third barrel so it is time to re assess. ?He seems way to interested in this hand to fold, and if he is playing as timidly as you say he is showing even more intrest than usual. I doubt he puts you on a 2 and I doubt he makes a "good fold" with Ax.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:22 PM

i dont think he has an A here that often and i don't think he will be able to call a river shove with most of his range

i should of defined "timid" earlier in this thread as folded lots of times to action, not just to my action mind you.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think he has an A here that often and i don't think he will be able to call a river shove with most of his range

i should of defined "timid" earlier in this thread as folded lots of times to action, not just to my action mind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think I might know what you are trying to say, but my main point is that the guy fired (3) 3/4pot bets into you. Do you really think a tagfish is doing that with air?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:37 PM

you arent repping anything but a flopped fh or quads. you get looked up alot.

Actually you are repping something perfectly... a missed flush draw