Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Default What\'s He Got Here?

Villain is staringelf.. he's a reg that I have like no history with.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($618.50)
Hero ($400)
CO ($90)
Button ($986.30)
SB ($404.90)
BB ($761.70)

Preflop: Hero is MP with XX
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $12, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($32) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $22</font>, SB calls $22.

River: ($76) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $48</font>

What's that line mean?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: What\'s He Got Here?

he's pretty nitty, but this hand is weird. his line is so weak but also he's not bluffing.

he expects to be called and have the best hand, do you cbet alot? a flop check here is typically giving up or like mid pp. he probably has KJ.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:00 PM

I think u'll see Kx most of the time here. Trying to get value from mid pps and but probly will fold to a raise fearing Qx imo.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM

So what's the worst hand you call with? What's the worst hand you raise for value? Do you raise air?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what's the worst hand you call with? What's the worst hand you raise for value? Do you raise air?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising with air is a valid option since after checking beind the flop your hand can sometimes come across as being Qx.

Weakest hand id raise the river with here would be like AK but I think it would be really thin unless you have a laggy image. Most likely no matter what the best bet size would be making it something like 140.

ALso i think you can fold basically anything worse then Kx here.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think u'll see Kx most of the time here. Trying to get value from mid pps and but probly will fold to a raise fearing Qx imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-05-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising with air is a valid option since after checking beind the flop your hand can sometimes come across as being Qx.

Weakest hand id raise the river with here would be like AK but I think it would be really thin unless you have a laggy image. Most likely no matter what the best bet size would be making it something like 140.

ALso i think you can fold basically anything worse then Kx here.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think raising air is an option to consider since he's basically telegraphing his hand, and it's obvious he's folding to a raise most of the time, however, your line is basically either: (with a riv raise)
1. A huge hand you opted not to cbet on the flop (like KK/QQ). Then you turned a lock. People don't believe big hands, if they're getting good odds. Hard to sell the nuts here.
2. A marginal hand (ala AQ) you decided to balance the flop with, then when improving got a nice value bet in. (this is what id think a river raise is most of the time)
3. Complete air that made a delayed cbet and was called and sees the blocker and thinks villain cannot call.

The thing about villain is he's a nit but he's also a pretty good nit, so he's pretty capable of bet/calling KJ here, esp. because your range is FAIRLY polarized between complete air OR a queen, so KJ is a decent type hand to b/c with if he induced the aggression.

I think a raise with AK is AUTOMATIC since you have the best hand almost always and will get called from time to time. However, how often do you get to the river WITH ak? Not too often. I agree with grindplz that folding JJ or worse is fine. (Raise is likely better then call)
Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call with any K.

I wouldn't value raise super thin or anythiing with these reads. Qx+ I guess.

I wouldn't bluff without seeing him do this before.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM

K. everyone seems to be in agreement. That's what I thought too, but I misclick called AQ [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

I think raising AK is a little sketchy cause I can see him having that beat a small % of the time and with no history at all I really don't think he's calling with worse very often at all. I think bluff raising is mandatory.

He had AK.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:14 PM

KJ seems to be a good bet, my next guess would be something like QT/Q9s. I'd have lent a slight percentage to AK before you revealed results.

As played without the misclick, with AQ a raise to $130 seems good.