Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: 88 hand--play along

I dont cap preflop because UTG is never folding anything and there are a lot of Flops wich youre going to hate, i might cap if iam running well though.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 AM

i fold pf

it's going to be 4 ways for 4 bets each, and you are going to have to get a 9xx board, or a 6xx board to take this down.

Too much for 88 to handle.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold pf

it's going to be 4 ways for 4 bets each, and you are going to have to get a 9xx board, or a 6xx board to take this down.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was hoping someone would say that. i don't necessarily agree with you (and i'm happy w/ how i played it), but it seemed to me like it was close enough to be worthy of some debate. 77 is probably a fold imo
Old 07-06-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

i was hoping someone would say that. i don't necessarily agree with you (and i'm happy w/ how i played it), but it seemed to me like it was close enough to be worthy of some debate. 77 is probably a fold imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only good thing is to call for set value against these monkeys. It's close, and I think all PP are close, but I'm folding pretty much everything but AKs, AQs, AKo, maybe AJs, AA-TT.

99 and 88 are probably close, but you are going to be losing so often on the flop, but not sure which one you are losing to, and you can't trust any of them.

Seems like a lot needs to go right to win this pot, and not get smoked when you are losing to a real hand.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the only good thing is to call for set value against these monkeys. It's close, and I think all PP are close, but I'm folding pretty much everything but AKs, AQs, AKo, maybe AJs, AA-TT.

99 and 88 are probably close, but you are going to be losing so often on the flop, but not sure which one you are losing to, and you can't trust any of them.

Seems like a lot needs to go right to win this pot, and not get smoked when you are losing to a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full agreement. I don't like coldcalling and possibly being 4-bet in pots with multiple players whose ranges gives you no idea where you're at at any point in the hand. The pot will be huge so basically the only value here is set value or a flop like 567 or 679.

And even if you don't flop a set, you have to figure your only real chance of winning this hand occurs when the board is mostly undercards to your 88, since either of these idiots will call down with any piece of the flop.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:34 AM

good stuff--we have a debate. i will let a few more people weigh in on pf and the flop before i continue with the action