Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 05:13 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

I vote for call because in the games i play its like a virus that alle flopped sets especially the big ones get slowplayed and i dont think we have the eq to 3 bet
Old 05-15-2007, 05:14 AM

it wouldnt be a suprise when he has TT...i dont see why it should be disocunted...ppl play their hands weird all day
Old 05-15-2007, 07:55 AM

he trapped u good
Old 05-15-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, looks like a few votes for call, a few for 3-bet. i'd be interested in more opinions, as i think it's an interesting spot. but at the risk of tainting any subsequent responses here are the RESULTS:

i actually 3 bet, partially because i felt Kh was more likely, but mostly because i was tilting a bit at the time. i felt like it was the wrong play but did it anyways. he of course capped w/ 99...NICE FLOP CHECK, DOUCHEBAG!!! DO YOU HATE MONEY????

[/ QUOTE ]

The same guy plays KhK this way. and AKh. I wouldn't get too upset about few extra BB's you lost here. Remember, your mistake cost you 2BB's(not even that if you count the times he shows up with a worse hand) his mistake very nearly cost him the pot. That's a win in my book.

The most important lesson you can learn from this hand is that you MUST get notes on your opponents. I look at this hand and the results and I see at least 3 notes on my opponent that will help me take huge chunks of his money away from him.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:29 PM

I think the 3bet is crazy. just lay out some Khx hands vs whatever, you can't lay 2-1 here.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:10 PM

what hands does bb 3bet that ck the flop, and raise the river? This line is odd with whatever but I dont think we can lay 2:1 on our river raise so i just call.

KQ AK make sense somewhat, but those combos with the Kh are only 6 combos (3 of each with the Kh) which is why Im with jba that 3betting is spewey. JJ 99 and TT all are possible, so far us to be able to break-even on the river 3bet (assuming he always calls with the Kh and always caps a boat) wed have to discount those 3 sets by a third. Thats too much in my opinion we cant rule out JJ and 99 becuz he checked. If the turn was HU and he just called id say JJ and 99 now seem unlikely, but with his boat and the 4 flush redraw he could easily be letting CO hang around to see a river rather than raising and knocking him out with Jacks or 9s full. TT seems a bit unlikely to call the turn since he couldnt have a flush draw (and why would he ck the flop, but osme people do with the one over) but it also seems unlikely hed fold to ur turn lead after the flop cked through with black TT and only one overcard as well.

I think if CO had stayed in the hand til the river 3betting would be even worse as the Kh would often go for the overcall. I still just call here though as I dont think him playing TT 99 or JJ should be discounted enough to be ahead 2:1 vs AKh or KhQ (he sometimes wont 3bet the latter either preflop) and either way its close so its not like id be passing up much EV by just calling so I err on the side of caution.

edit: KK adds 3 more combos, so undiscounted we're even 9:9 better and worse hands if we dont have to discount KQ or the sets. I actually hapen to think him checking KK ont he flop tho is far less likely than JJ or 99. Its quite a muddle in these odd hands to define a range accurately (since various hands should be discounted to varying degrees) but I think just looking at it calling seems like the better decision.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 PM

fold to river cap
Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, looks like a few votes for call, a few for 3-bet. i'd be interested in more opinions, as i think it's an interesting spot. but at the risk of tainting any subsequent responses here are the RESULTS:

i actually 3 bet, partially because i felt Kh was more likely, but mostly because i was tilting a bit at the time. i felt like it was the wrong play but did it anyways. he of course capped w/ 99...NICE FLOP CHECK, DOUCHEBAG!!! DO YOU HATE MONEY????

[/ QUOTE ]

The same guy plays KhK this way. and AKh. I wouldn't get too upset about few extra BB's you lost here. Remember, your mistake cost you 2BB's(not even that if you count the times he shows up with a worse hand) his mistake very nearly cost him the pot. That's a win in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]
how did his flop check almost cost him the pot? basically there is no way he could do anything on the flop that could cost him the pot. when you have a set, the only way you can actually do that is by checking the whole hand down.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold to river cap

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying this after the 3bet/cap have already taken place, or do you think the 3bet is good?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:34 PM

no i think 3-betting is dumb as hell.