Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Heads up vs. Tuan Le

don't know exactly how aggro he is, but I'd say a standard range for an aggro opponent hu here is draw/random two pair set, and a slowplayed overpair (very unlikely). He also has a straight bluff a small % of the time but I think he would bet bigger on the turn with a bluff unless he post-oaks. Given that weighted range, I think this is a turn fold.

dlpnyc21
Old 04-19-2007, 09:03 PM

I think that a random two pair like 45 bets a lot bigger on turn for fear of being counterfeited or for fear of a spade coming and either giving him the losing hand or killing his action. I also think that top pair strong kicker bets bigger on the turn for similar reasons. As to whether this could be a stone-cold bluff I think the chances are probably better than you think but I agree it is not a huge part of his range.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that a random two pair like 45 bets a lot bigger on turn for fear of being counterfeited or for fear of a spade coming and either giving him the losing hand or killing his action. I also think that top pair strong kicker bets bigger on the turn for similar reasons. As to whether this could be a stone-cold bluff I think the chances are probably better than you think but I agree it is not a huge part of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true (I don't really think it is), it is not an important enough point to hinge your decision on it.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true (I don't really think it is), it is not an important enough point to hinge your decision on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It may not be 100 percent true but for the most part I think it is a pretty good assesment of his play. While he is very aggressive he's really not that tricky or good for that matter.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all in on flop. with tuan le i am 95 % he r/r p/f w/ jacks and up. im very confident ur ahead and think u should jam it.

[/ QUOTE ]

shut up limit newbie
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 PM

I don't know what his betsizing his like, but this turn bet looks like he wants you to shove.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:01 AM

i think you are vastly vastly ahead of his range here, and with these stacks, i think a shove is far preferable to "seeing what falls on the turn"

i think it's a great two-way bet in that he folds a couple worse hands like better tens, T8, JT, QT quite often. but i think far more often he's priced in to call his 15 outer hand when he would have actually c/f had he missed on the river. i like a shove much much much more than a call, i think the only question is between shove and fold.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:12 AM

Fslexcduck I like your reasoning, the only problem is that with the pot odds being offered I'm not sure how likely he is to fold JT or QT.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As to whether this could be a stone-cold bluff...

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be an extremally bad board to through a stone-cold bluff at since it contains both flush and straight draws so I don't think it is one.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As to whether this could be a stone-cold bluff...

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be an extremally bad board to through a stone-cold bluff at since it contains both flush and straight draws so I don't think it is one.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, cause people never bluff on scary boards aginst pfr's [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]