Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 10:16 AM
 is offline

Default Re: EPT Monte Carlo Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
You have nothing here. What is wrong with taking a stab at the pot against a tight player and a loose/passive fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with it is I think it's a -EV play.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Noah-

I consider myself to be a fairly to quite creative player, but I pretty much always check here, especially this deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how being deep stacked bears any relevance whatsoever on your decision to check or bet here.

This flop sucks hard for us. There's like zero chance that anything can happen that will put us to a difficult decision for 150bbs. Also, there is no combination of turn/river cards that are going to allow you to get it all in comfortably or even ahead for 150bbs against a tight HJ and a passive bb.

The fact that you're all deep in my opinion warrants a bet far more than it does a check as people will play a lot more honest and straight forward when deep in a rr pot on a monotone board.

This seems like a pretty decent spot to take a stab at the pot and give up. If you had TT, JJ or even QQ or AhKd or something this becomes a decision where the deep stacks play a much larger role IMO.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
and if you get raised what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

For real?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 AM

was thinking about the other part, that if you get called and hit a king on turn... sorry im at work right now
Old 03-29-2007, 10:27 AM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Noah-

I consider myself to be a fairly to quite creative player, but I pretty much always check here, especially this deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really see how being deep stacked bears any relevance whatsoever on your decision to check or bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has a lot to do with it, actually. Basically, I need to know whether I'm willing to fire 2nd and 3rd bullets when certain cards come on the turn and river. Given the oppnent described, I don't think I can proftably do that. Knowing this, I need to determine how successful a stone-cold bluff will be on this flop vs these 2 opponents. The deep-stackedness comes into play when I assess how often hands like TP-no-diamond or mid-PPs no diamond peel off against me. When loose-passive players are deep they are way more willing to peel one off than they are with medium stacks where they fear they are making a flop decision that will ultimately lead to their tournament life being on the line. Without the power of me threatening their tournament life, I feel like I lose this pot too often with a single bet on the flop.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM

exactly my thoughts but i couldnt really made sense, could be because i went to bed at 6 am last night/morning
Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checks. ALWAYS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-29-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It has a lot to do with it, actually. Basically, I need to know whether I'm willing to fire 2nd and 3rd bullets when certain cards come on the turn and river. Given the oppnent described, I don't think I can proftably do that. Knowing this, I need to determine how successful a stone-cold bluff will be on this flop vs these 2 opponents. The deep-stackedness comes into play when I assess how often hands like TP-no-diamond or mid-PPs no diamond peel off against me. When loose-passive players are deep they are way more willing to peel one off than they are with medium stacks where they fear they are making a flop decision that will ultimately lead to their tournament life being on the line. Without the power of me threatening their tournament life, I feel like I lose this pot too often with a single bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

FWIW, I'm not planning on second and/or third barreling, like, ever. I can't imagine a turn card that if called on the flop, I would be betting, ever with any stacks against anyone barring some sick read. I'm really just looking at 2500 for 3700 right now and thinking that it might be profitable. You're right though, LAP guys will probably peel a ton esp against the 'effective button'.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Kramer is smart.

Is this one of those MLG-esque posts where your decision is super straight-forward and you are trying to trick people into making silly FPS responses?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have nothing here. What is wrong with taking a stab at the pot against a tight player and a loose/passive fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both c-bet and I doubt either are checking here because they are scared of made flushes. BB hasn't raised before.