Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Selling Pieces of Myself for Monte Carlo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see anything wrong with someone that has like 7k posts from this forum asking this forum if they want to buy some action.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with it, except that it's been established as a rule on 2+2 that no staking requests are allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm aware of it; i still dont see the reason for hostility for this post/or a reason to lock/delete it. Noah asking isn't the same as JohnDoe123 asking for us to send him to Monte Carlo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually worse than a newbie doing it as seeing a 7k poster (who presumably knows the rules) make that type of request leads newbies to think it's ok to make those kind of requests.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:51 PM

noah,

plz post pics of yourself in this thread so we can determine whether or not your a giant tellbox.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:52 PM

All --

Come on, guys. Noah's one of our best strategy posters and a good kid. He happened not to know a rule. Let's all take a deep breath here.

--Nate
Old 03-10-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are right ray, i did not mean to be mean. selling 1% of yourself for $180 is actually brilliant. just sell 100% of yourself and enjoy your nice vacation in monte carlo

[/ QUOTE ]

Augie --

Again, it's a 13K event. Noah's good. Do you have any idea how standard (at least approximately) $180/1% would be?

--Nate
Old 03-10-2007, 03:55 PM

i never know anything
Old 03-10-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont see anything wrong with someone that has like 7k posts from this forum asking this forum if they want to buy some action.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong with it, except that it's been established as a rule on 2+2 that no staking requests are allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm aware of it; i still dont see the reason for hostility for this post/or a reason to lock/delete it. Noah asking isn't the same as JohnDoe123 asking for us to send him to Monte Carlo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rules like this need to be uniformly applied in order to be effective. Things like someone's post-count shouldn't matter at all, and, actually, anyone who's been around long enough to have lots of posts should have enough friends/contacts to get staked away from these boards (PM, IM, etc).

I have no problem with Noah's stake request, and don't really care about the rule too much either way (actually, I think it's good and keeps things more orderly and less BBV-ish), but whatever, rule is a rule, that's why people bugged. Also, it is probably ridiculous to expect that high of a premium for a one-off stake request, so I think people reacted badly to that.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:57 PM

he obviously should jump off a very large rooftop right now because he will be hunted down for the crime he has committed.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, it's a 13K event. Noah's good. Do you have any idea how standard (at least approximately) $180/1% would be?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were to attempt to sell piece of myself in this one event, I doubt I would try to sell my action at more than 1-1. Maybe I'd ask for $140-150 for each percent (where face value is $130), but I doubt more.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:00 PM

I think $140 is incredibly low for anyone expecting to have +ROI and you'd really just be screwing yourself at that #
Old 03-10-2007, 04:04 PM

Shaniac, it would be incredibly silly for you to ever sell $130/1% face shares for $140/1%
Closed Thread