Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 01-19-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Good time for a clarkmeister?

or should i save it for a more passive opponent...villain is 30/20/2

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (7.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ????
Old 01-19-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Good time for a clarkmeister?

A plus for betting is the only better hand you usually get raised by is the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is unlikely since that would usually raise the flop with top pair, and most people don't value raise the 3rd nuts in this situation.

A con for betting is it looks like there aren't many worse hands that will payoff. Kx usually raises the flop, so that leaves hands that are likely 3rd pair or worse. Also if you're folding to a raise he could easily be bluff raising, especially if he knows you're capable of bet/folding a hand like this in this spot. And if you're calling a raise you end up putting in alot of bets when behind.

I think check/call is the best of all options with the limited read.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:42 PM

I c/c... induce a bluff from a K hand, don't get raised off the better hand. That's how I play it. Let's see how wrong I am... sweet. Actually posted something that wasn't backwards from everyone else.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:45 PM

If you bet, whos going to call with just one pair?

I think check/call is a much better option.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I c/c... induce a bluff from a K hand, don't get raised off the better hand. That's how I play it. Let's see how wrong I am... sweet. Actually posted something that wasn't backwards from everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/calling is the dumbest line I have ever heard of!! Ok I'm just kidding I would check/call too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] So If thats wrong I dont wanna be right. Youre reasons for check/callin looks good to me also. Clarkmeistering aggressive opponents we have no read on is not a good idea.