Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 05:07 AM

Default Re: Draft letter I plan to fax to my congressman soon

you know this thread should be made a sticky and every 2+2er should at least copy paste and email this letter to their congressman and senators. if you dont know your congressperson and senatro you can find them through these links:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

if we can get a few hundred people bombarding them with these daily I bet we can get something done! get anybody that you know to email these in also...

I would say this is our only chance
Old 01-23-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what reply did you get from MI? who was it?

i think we need to promote this becoming a question every politician is going to have to answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a reply from Carl Levin that was the standard, Port Bill Act crap.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM

here is mine if you don't say anything you are doing poker not doing poker any good
I'm not sure if this letter will be read by you(my gut instinct tells me your to busy to read all your letters). I am a republican, but I've always liked you. I wanted to give you my thought on Congress going after online poker. I have had, and currently have many relatives serving in the military. They serve to protect this great free country of ours. Congress calls our country free, but they want to take more and more of our freedoms away. The way the online gambling bill passed was just plain crooked. My understanding is that it was attached to the port security bill, so if everyone wanted the port security bill, they needed to sign the online gambling ban also. I'm sure you understand that these are two totally seperate issues. In any regards, Congress has taken away just another freedom that our troops are fighting for everyday. My family has fought generation after generation to give us our freedoms, and I am sick and tired of Congress doing whatever they want because of their personal beliefs. I'm not saying that you sir have had anything to do with this, but if these things keep happening we might as well be a Communist society. Please make some changes for the good of our country!!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:55 PM

sorry for all of the beginning- I was in the middle of a big hand and hit enter without reviewing