Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Werewolf: Pogglesworth - GAME THREAD!

The year is 1700. The future citizens of Pogglesworth seek religious refuge in the new world. They are an extremely kind and hardworking people, the kind of people you need to start a colony in the new world. The people left in haste from Europe and unfortunately they arrive at the worst time, late fall. Winter is fast approaching and they have little food and no shelter. Luckily for them they stumble across an abandoned town. The town is completely empty. It appears they may have shelter for the winter. An old sign lays next to a road leading out of town. It says “welcome to Pogglesworth”. Scratched into the sign are two words “Beware – Wolves”.

A month passes and the village makes Pogglesworth their home. All of a sudden one morning the village awakes to a gruesome sight. A man is found in front of the church. It appears he has been killed by wild animals. All that remains is bones, blood, and torn flesh. Next to this man the village finds a journal. He is a traveler named “boiler” who had set out in search of a town. A town that was rumored to have been inhabited many times by dozens of different communities. Rumor has it that this town is cursed. Only a few survivers have escaped after settling there. Some attempted settlements have resulted in the entire town completely disappearing. The survivors bring stories of their friends and family turning into werwolves and attacking the village at night. They say they turned on each other lynching many of their own until at last the killings stopped.

The town is in an uproar at this sight. This is the town the traveler was looking for. It is cursed!. It could be anyone. There friends, there family, no one can be trusted. They must lynch the werewolf responsible for this kill and end the problem now before it gets any worse!

Leading the village are 2 priests and 2 doctors. The priests are able to look into a person’s soul and determine if they are village or something else, something darker. The doctors are able to heal a werewolf victim if they can determine who it is that night.

Unknown to the village one of their own has ill intentions. He sees this werewolf outbreak as an opportunity to kill off the village and loot the place.

2 weeks earlier a man was outcast from the village. This man was accused of murder. He claimed self defense but the town would have none of it. He was originally going to hung immediately for his crime. The village priests had a better idea. They decided to kick him out into the approaching winter and let God decide his fate.

It is now up to the 25 remaining members of the village to rid themselves of any werewolves as soon as possible. GOOD LUCK!

<u>It is still night.</u>

Old 12-28-2006, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Werewolf: Pogglesworth - GAME THREAD!

<u>Official Game Rules</u>

Days: Day will begin roughly at 10am when I make a day post. Night begins at 10pm (votes at 10pm count, 10:01 do not)

Saturday the 30th will be one day, Sunday-Monday (New Years Eve - New years) will be one day.

Let me know if you cant post for a day. This is fine. If you don't post for a day without letting me know you risk being replaced. Depending on the situation I will probably look for an alternate after 2 inactive days.

Roles:

<u>village priest</u> - seer role - 2 with peeks every other night, 1 starts night 0, 1 starts night 1. All peeks reveal exact role.

<u>doctor</u> - 2 doctors - able to protect 1 player each night. The doctor is able to protect each seer only 1 night and only at 50% for that night. The doctor cannot protect himself. The doctor may protect the other doctor one night at 100% but fails if he tries to protect the other doctor in the future. All other protections are 100%. Once there is 6 or less players in the game (after a lynch) he is no longer able to protect anyone. If both doctors protect the same seer the protection is still only 50% and the doctors will fail if they try to protect that seer in the future. The doctor cannot protect against martyr kills.

<u>martyrs</u> - 3 martyrs - If they are killed they may choose a player to be killed along with them. Valid for lynchings and night kills. This is not valid once there are 6 or fewer players left. You will not be told you are this role until you die. Martyrs will originally be told they are villagers. You will have until 10am the next morning to pm me a player if you are lynched and until night (10pm if you are killed at night). You may chose not to kill a player. If you dont give me a name by your deadline no one is killed. The night/day write up will indicate that you are a martyr. I will also pm you after I finsih the write up telling you that you have the option to kill a player. <u>These kills are ineffective against seers.</u> The doctor cannot protect against these kills.

<u>serial killer</u> - a neutral character that wins if he is the last one standing. He may kill a player at night if he chooses. He may not kill in three consecutive nights. He is also protected from 1 wolf kill and gets a seer peek every other night beginning with night 0.

<u>werewolves</u> - 5 werwolves - appear as villagers during the day but congregate on killing a villager each night.

<u>outcast</u> - shunned by the village he must join with the wolves or else he will die. Night 2 he will be forced to name a wolf. If he does so he joins the wolf team and shares their win condition. If he doesn't name a wolf he dies and loses. He also loses if he dies before night 2. He blocks all night kills aimed at him during nights 1 and 2. This includes serial killer/wolf/martyr kills.

<u>villagers</u> - regular townsfolk with no special powers.

All death reveals are 100% accurate. I will close this game to sign ups sometime after 10pm tonight and send out roles then.

If a night kill is blocked the attacking party will not be told how it was blocked.

All night kills go through even if the last wolf or serial killer is also killed that night while attacking a player.

If I recieve no seer peek or doctor protect no one will be peeked/protected. The seer will still have the option to peek a player the next night so he wont miss an extra day as a result of getting a peek every other day.

If I recieve no wolf kill it will be randed among everyone, including the wolves.

I will indicate in the day 3 write up whether the outcast was converted or died.

<u>All kills will have a write up indicating how they died</u> - it will be apparent who killed who.

Win conditions:

villagers/seers/doctors/martyrs - win if the wolves and serial killer are dead

wolves - win if their numbers exceed the non wolf population during the day.

outcast - wins with the wolves with the additional stipulation that he must convert himself to the wolf side night 2.

serial killer - wins if he is the last one standing. This is true if he is alive in a final 3 or 4 and if he isn't lynched.

Players - 25

aaronk
amplify
bluff
books
clowntable
dmk
GT1T
Herbie
kbar
KM
kumubou
kyro
lastchance
Luckay
Magra
MDoranD
nich
shortline
soah
Tokyo
traz
valenzuela
VR
xorbie
Zurvan

IT IS DAY
Old 12-28-2006, 11:22 AM

omg in first. cook the books holla
Old 12-28-2006, 11:26 AM

bluff
Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Alright, I've realized my main defunct in these werewolf games is that I never use a consistent line of thinking, and generally go off of a single day's posts instead of taking the previous days into account. This is caused by an incredible abundence of lazyness.

In order to counteract this, I've take upon myself to steal one of luckay's methods (don't worry, not that one). I will be keeping track of things on a spreadsheet. This should keep me more consistant, along with a back to basics approach I'll be using.

Now, let's get this game rolling using my post# random method to determine my first vote:

Parent post: #8577168
8577168 mod 25 = 18
18 + 1 = 19
soah
Old 12-28-2006, 11:32 AM

luckay
Old 12-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Lynch Kumubou
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM

Magra
Old 12-28-2006, 11:58 AM

Good morning everybody - I just wanted to annouce that the post-lynch after party will be held at my house even if I am the one who gets lynched - BYOB (unless you are female [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Oh yeah Lynch lastchance
Old 12-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Quoted from rules:

[ QUOTE ]
The doctor is able to protect each seer only 1 night and only at 50% for that night. The doctor cannot protect himself. The doctor may protect the other doctor one night at 100% but fails if he tries to protect the other doctor in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming this means that the doctors can only protect each other once, and the seers only once, REGARDLESS of wether the know that player they are protecting is the other doctor or a seer. I think our two doctors need to be careful because of this rule.

Since they cannot protect themselves, I recommend they find one player they believe to be a villager, and protect that same person each and every night until a seer or doctor role claims. This will lower the probablility of the doctors having "used up" the protection on each seer or other doctor at the time they want to use it.

Boiler,

Can you clarify if I read this rule correct?

Glad to finally be a villager again guys!

zurvan