Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Stars is now number one.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW you should have seen my stats a before it started not allowing me to win ANY 80-20 (80% for me) all ins. I'm 0 for my last 7 with an 80% chance going into the all in. NOT RIGGED HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your User ID?
Which specific hands are you looking at that're 80%?
What do you dictate as a hand that counts?
Over what period is this?

I can then look at your account, locate all hands that count, and list them here for all of 2 + 2 to see. We can then determine if this is what really happened in your case, or if you are looking at a cognitive bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selection_bias

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you like wikipedia so much here's one for ya......really its the only one that counts. Scroll down to the seven card part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability

I hit a 4 of a kind(aces) today by the way(played 2 tourneys). I was the first out in the first tourney i played. Had pocket aces against 9T. The other guy drew out to a full house. Calling huge bets the whole way(starting pre-flop).

Also, to the guy that wants to look up my accounts......how could you look up my account information for every site I play at? I don't see how thats possible, but in the online world of poker I guess anythings possible.

BTW...you know the 80-20 kind I'm talkin bout......higher pocket pair vs. lower pocket pair. Good enough?

Edit...actually i'm sorry it wasnt always 80-20. A couple of them I actually had better odds. For the sake of argument I was just trying to keep it simple though.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM

Scientific proof or not...there is probably a lot of validity behind his post. You just mock it because the idea is absurd. Don't blame the OP for that...It still is probably true.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had pocket aces against 9T. The other guy drew out to a full house. Calling huge bets the whole way(starting pre-flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! 9T cracked pocket Aces??? WOW!!! ZOMG!!! SOMTING LIK THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!!1!11!!! POKER IZ RIGGED!11!!one!!!

SO you went all in with pocket aces on a 99Txx board? And thought they would be good??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Donktard.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had pocket aces against 9T. The other guy drew out to a full house. Calling huge bets the whole way(starting pre-flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! 9T cracked pocket Aces??? WOW!!! ZOMG!!! SOMTING LIK THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!!1!11!!! POKER IZ RIGGED!11!!one!!!

SO you went all in with pocket aces on a 99Txx board? And thought they would be good??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Donktard.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not what the board was, and i would not be shocked if it didnt happen daily, all day.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scientific proof or not...there is probably a lot of validity behind his post. You just mock it because the idea is absurd. Don't blame the OP for that...It still is probably true.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he doesn't have proof then he's just a whiney little somethingorother who got bad beated.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:50 PM

Listen, I'm not putting you guys down for playing online poker. Especially if you're making money, more power to ya. And I'm definately not putting down the sites. They are making big money, more power to them. I'm just saying that MY OPINION is that its not random. Could I be wrong....yes, but I don't think I am.

BTW while I'm writing this....some guy all in 88 vs. 66. Guy with lower pair flops the full house. How often are full houses supposed to be FLOPPED? I see that at least a couple times a week.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:54 PM

The amazing thing to me is that your opponents all got dealt lower pocket pairs in seven consecutive all-in confrontations. Seriously, what are the odds that your opponent will have a lower pocket pair seven straight times when you are dealt a high pocket pair in a potential/likely all-in scenario (i.e. not the first hand of the tourney)? It sounds like the sites are all rigged against your opponents. Either that, or you are just running extremely lucky pre-flop.

Good to see that the luck/rigging is evening out over the next 5 cards in each hand.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, I'm not putting you guys down for playing online poker. Especially if you're making money, more power to ya. And I'm definately not putting down the sites. They are making big money, more power to them. I'm just saying that MY OPINION is that its not random. Could I be wrong....yes, but I don't think I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're proud of the fact that your opinion is based on nothing, is that what you're saying? If you have evidence, post it. If you don't, then you're wasting your time and making yourself look foolish.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW while I'm writing this....some guy all in 88 vs. 66. Guy with lower pair flops the full house. How often are full houses supposed to be FLOPPED?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's greater than zero.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The amazing thing to me is that your opponents all got dealt lower pocket pairs in seven consecutive all-in confrontations. Seriously, what are the odds that your opponent will have a lower pocket pair seven straight times when you are dealt a high pocket pair in a potential/likely all-in scenario (i.e. not the first hand of the tourney)? It sounds like the sites are all rigged against your opponents. Either that, or you are just running extremely lucky pre-flop.

Good to see that the luck/rigging is evening out over the next 5 cards in each hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would have read further, I admitted that a couple werent actually lower pairs they were 2 different lower cards. Which means the odds are even smaller than 2 higher vs. 2 lower pairs. I just used the 2 higher vs. 2 lower for sake of simplicity.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying that MY OPINION is that its not random.

[/ QUOTE ]

And YOUR OPINION of what is random is worth what exactly???