Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: New 6-Max LHE Video From Bryce

AQ call down in hand 1 is terrible at 2/4 imo.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may very well be true, one thing I discuss a lot is that I don't intend to try and teach people what their opponents are likely to do and that I believe the onus for that falls on the user building up experience by playing a lot of poker. In table play videos my focus is on explaining to people how to find the best possible lines based on what they assume their opponents are likely to do. I'm starting to defer more and more towards power-point presentations and the like, since I believe that teaching poker on an instructional basis rather than a demonstrative basis is far more powerful.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, vs the right opponent you will often find Axo there. Its slim but its the correct play at times. How would you play it? What range of hands do you assume the villain has without any read? From my experience there are many low-limit players who spew away chips in this precise situation because they believe strength is the only way to win the hand heads up. The pot is large, on the river hero is likely to have the best hand greater than 1 in 6x.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm starting to defer more and more towards power-point presentations and the like, since I believe that teaching poker on an instructional basis rather than a demonstrative basis is far more powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, I really liked the way Ed did his first video - a combination of powerpoint slides where he makes a point, and hands in the PT replayer that demonstrate the point he just made. With the PT replayer, he could take as much time as he needed to discuss the hand rather than being forced to move on to the next hand that's dealt.