Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 11-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Default Re: How good is your limit hold\'em 2; when will it be released?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure poker literature publishers think so much in terms of home country. It's like scientific publishing. You publish for the world. And, yes, we need more LHE books ... LOTS more. /Smurf

PS: Lots more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those unlimited waters are really terrifying (BASTARD!!!!)
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure poker literature publishers think so much in terms of home country. It's like scientific publishing. You publish for the world. And, yes, we need more LHE books ... LOTS more. /Smurf

PS: Lots more!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the world seems to play NL more than Limit, ( unfortunately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])...and a small publishing company needs to convert its books into sales/cash quickly, i would have thought that would be more likely to do that with books on NL (at least in europe).

Secondly, distribution costs in a home market should be lower than exporting directly to overseas ones.

Furthermore, i think there are good books on Limit HE already in the market, while there is probably a bigger gap in the NLHE market.

I am not complaining because my main game is limit and i am really enjoying the 2 new books...
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 PM

Gelford, no lions and no cats in your avatar ... are you alright man? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, i think there are good books on Limit HE already in the market, while there is probably a bigger gap in the NLHE market.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but D&B may be figuring that good limit books sell better than bad NL books and with Byron Jacobs deeply involved in the company - a limidonk like us - he can check the quality of the writing; a case of 'we publish what we know something about.' Who knows? It's nice anyway.

Cheers,

Smurf
Old 11-18-2007, 03:40 PM

Yeah .... I'm fine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Btw .. I'm a nolimidonk, even if I dabble in limit once in a while (formerly heavily into donk'n'goes), make no mistake about it

But good books are rare ... and dandb have published a few I like.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking forward to reading Byron Jacobs' new book: "How good is your limit hold'em 2". Unfortunately, it is not available on amazon.com or amazon.co.uk. The release dates given by amazon and the d&b website have already passed.

Does anyone kwow when this book will be released?

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you liked the first one. Number 2 (concentrating on short-handed, very short-handed and HU play) is about 2/3 written but will not be out before about July/Aug next year. We have had endless problems with distribution in the US and this has slowed down our schedule. By the way we are not focussing purely on limit - we have books on NL cash, sit'n'gos and short-handed PLO in production. All these will be out next year.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Default talk aout news for 2008

By the way we are not focussing purely on limit - we have books on NL cash, sit'n'gos and short-handed PLO in production. All these will be out next year.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:44 AM

[/ QUOTE ]By the way we are not focussing purely on limit - we have books on NL cash, sit'n'gos and short-handed PLO in production. All these will be out next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Byron, this is good news.

As for the "How Good is Your?" series, will you be adding a NLH version? It would kind of round things up as there are obviously limit and pot limit versions.

PJS