Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Morale Dilema

make him pay the price

this isn't close
Old 10-17-2007, 01:11 PM

don't help him, strangely i don't think this is close also.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(ie banjos are gay).

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. However, ukuleles rock.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
either route seems perfectly acceptable. surely this guy knew that a 3rd time would have awful consequences, and he did it anyways.

so its not your responsibility to bail him out of the mess he himself created.

on the other hand, a white lie here and there never hurt anyone. i dont see any problems with saying that it was you who drove.

on a more relevant issue, you might be overestimating how much weight your unsubstantiated testimony will really have. you cant verify your story. its just your word. and it might be rather transparent that you are just trying to save your friends ass.

flip a coin? or go with your gut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm you do realize that this guy was driving drunk, right?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
either route seems perfectly acceptable. surely this guy knew that a 3rd time would have awful consequences, and he did it anyways.

so its not your responsibility to bail him out of the mess he himself created.

on the other hand, a white lie here and there never hurt anyone. i dont see any problems with saying that it was you who drove.

on a more relevant issue, you might be overestimating how much weight your unsubstantiated testimony will really have. you cant verify your story. its just your word. and it might be rather transparent that you are just trying to save your friends ass.

flip a coin? or go with your gut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm you do realize that a perjury charge hurts, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Help a brotha out.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree although you committing perjury is probably not the best route to go. However, if you can broker some kind of under the table deal where he goes and takes some classes or does community service (not uncommon in the slightest for the borderline cases) then I think this is the best route to go.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM

classes or community service are not gonna help this guy if he's an alcoholic. Alcoholism is a genetic thing. It takes extreme consequences for them to change. ie. hitting rock bottom. Help a brotha out and your only keeping him from his consequences and encouraging the same behavior in the future.
Think about it, this guy went out drunk driving knowing he could jeopardize his kids lives (let alone his own life or someone he could of hit and killed). Do you see the insanity of his actions.
I would venture to say that most ppl who vote to help him out have never come in to contact with a multi dui offender before. They only see his actions as harmless fun(rightfully so as they don't understand the sickness), when it is much much deeper than that.
I wish the best of luck to your friend. Most of theses ppl end up dead or in jail.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i was skeptical before i opened the thread, but you do have a genuine morale dilema here

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what's up with your avatar? I thought we were on the same page (ie banjos are gay).

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahahah,

it's funny that you mention that, because I DID think the uke avatars were queer, but then CMI went and tried to deface my original avatar with a ukulele. so I figured I had to make a legitimate Kaga ukulele avatar. and at some point I realized, the ukulele avatars, while still queer, are moderately amusing. and since I technically have this ukulele for metagame considerations wrt CMI, I am shielded from any criticism.

-Eu
Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM

Perjury is a felony. A thread like this could get you convicted of it. Or your buddy could, if he later has a crisis of conscience and comes clean as part of his twelve step program.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the uke avatars are queer

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

This thread is a bad turn of events for those of us who have not caved to peer pressure - Gay

-Al