Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Good Vegas club to go to on Monday night?

Can someone explain exactly what "bottle service" entails?

It doesn't sound like anything you can get here. (Australia)
Old 07-12-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain exactly what "bottle service" entails?

It doesn't sound like anything you can get here. (Australia)

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottle Service thread
Old 07-12-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clubs like Pure are ALL about table service. Small dancefloor and not much else to do

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you don't get table-service when you go to Pure there is simply no reason to go? I really find this hard to believe although I admittedly have never been there.

What % of the people who go to Pure do NOT get table-service?
There have to be some people who do this and end up having a good time, right? Even people who go to the club (gasp) SOLO and are just there meeting people/ladies and drinking it up and having a good time.

Part of the table-service advantage I guess is to get away from the noise a bit and also to avoid the crowded-bar.

Loud or crowded bar, etc really doesn't bother me very much. It's part of the atmosphere I thought.
If I didn't want loud or crowded then I wouldn't be going to a club in the first place.

In fact, if I go to a club and it ISN'T crowded then that means it's kind of dead and I'll want to go somewhere else.

Note, when I get back to LV and go out to such a club it will likely not be with a group of guys.
Probably will be me and my GF wanting to go out and get drunk and have a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can have fun at Pure with or without the table, but IMO the table is worth it there. I've been there with and without one as well.

If you go without a table, you will be standing the entire night spending most of your night trying to hit on girls wandering around. Drinks are very expensive so it's easy to drop $100+ there after a few rounds.

If you get a table, you do have a private VIP seat you can retire to if you get tired or whatever. Girls are trying actively to get into your section and they approach you by the bunches instead of you having to approach them. And you get bottles of alcohol you can pour to your desired strength/taste. The cost ends up being $150-$200 per person, but being that you'd spend $100+ not at a table anyways, it is well worth it IMO.

Note - if you are going with just your girlfriend, forget I said that. It will be about $500 total for the 2 of you to get a table (1 bottle min. @ $350 a piece plus 28% tax/gratuity). In that case, it's cheaper to just get the $20 each cover and buy drinks at the bar. The extra you get at a table covers your convenience and hotter girls around, but it's worth it only when you can fill a table and you're actually looking for girls.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We ask some guy at the door about the Jet club and he suggests that we get a table. So there is a 2 bottle minimum with each bottle starting at $375... wtf. But he said we could just do one bottle and we said we would. [. . .] I'm so glad we did not pay for a table/bottle service as it is a huge rip off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big club-goer, but my impression was that (at least in NY, maybe not vegas), if you have enough people that drinking however many bottles of liquor is a reasonable thing to do in a night out, bottle service doesn't really have much of a markup over waiting to buy rounds of mixed drinks at the bar at $12 or $15 or whatever per.

Has bottle service become so standard and overpriced that this isn't the case anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

when you factor everything in, you'll pay more for bottle service (maybe another $100 pp w/ reasonable drinking) but in return you get the convenience of not having to wait in a huge line & a place to hang out.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:31 AM

as far as the bottle argument goes.. over the past couple months i have come to decide that i absolutely hate doing the bottle service table thing. every time i have just gone in, payed the cover, and done the bar thing i have had tons more fun and been LOTS more social. sure, its nice to have a table to go back to, but i have tons of fun playing games to make girls buy me drinks, and i always dance more as im out moving around much more frequently. when at a table i just kinda linger in that area and talk to the other guys doing the same thing.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Raptor pretty much hit exactly on what I was thinking.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 PM

I agree with Raptor 100%. You can meet a lot of girls at the actual bar as well as feel more desire to dance and interact, since you don't have the comfort of a table to go back to. I really like Tao at the Venetian, although it's tough to get into sometimes w/o a table. Always go to clubs with girls if you can, especially ones you don't plan on hooking up with.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:48 PM

All,

I'm with raptor. For further discussion on the merits or lack thereof regarding bottle service, see the linked thread.
Closed Thread