Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 06-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Reraising pocket AA, KK, QQ, theory question????

Read:

The Theory of Poker

/end thread
Old 06-23-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read:

The Theory of Poker

/end thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the book. What specifically are you referring to in the book. Page numbers would be really good.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read:

The Theory of Poker

/end thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the book. What specifically are you referring to in the book. Page numbers would be really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything concerning odds.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why we do this. At 50 and 100nl where i play most of the time, reraising will often fold the original raiser leaving you with a small return for your big hand.

Flat calling disguises your hand completely and you can often win a huge pot by doing this.

I am aware of other factors involved but would rather hear from you all first, in this discussion, so i will better understand the principles involved in playing these hands this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm never does much for me when i'm trying to understand something better. take it elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little sense of humor never hurt anyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously though, not reraising these hands is going to cost you a boatload of money in the longrun. Like others have said before, if you're not getting action, your 3-betting range is likely a bit too small. I love to reraise with hands like 65s, 22-44 occasionaly, T9o. It's important to keep in mind what you want to happen postflop when you reraise.

Out of curiosity, what is you sample size of "not getting action?"
Old 06-23-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why we do this. At 50 and 100nl where i play most of the time, reraising will often fold the original raiser leaving you with a small return for your big hand.

Flat calling disguises your hand completely and you can often win a huge pot by doing this.

I am aware of other factors involved but would rather hear from you all first, in this discussion, so i will better understand the principles involved in playing these hands this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm never does much for me when i'm trying to understand something better. take it elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Little sense of humor never hurt anyone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seriously though, not reraising these hands is going to cost you a boatload of money in the longrun. Like others have said before, if you're not getting action, your 3-betting range is likely a bit too small. I love to reraise with hands like 65s, 22-44 occasionaly, T9o. It's important to keep in mind what you want to happen postflop when you reraise.

Out of curiosity, what is you sample size of "not getting action?"

[/ QUOTE ]

my sample size is 3 years of play and about 300,000 hands most at 50 and 100NL. Its not scientific, its just a sense of how often the original raiser folds when reraised. More at 50NL than at 100NL.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:27 PM

are you one of these types who limps w/ these hands and then whines endlessly when they get cracked by one of the 4-6 people who saw the flop?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you one of these types who limps w/ these hands and then whines endlessly when they get cracked by one of the 4-6 people who saw the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You'll have to find your associates elsewhere.