Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 04-30-2007, 06:59 PM

Default Re: mlg is aggressive, right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
congrats, funkii, on the 11th place finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

*suicide*

[ QUOTE ]
You need to pop pf, his range for raising to isolate is huge, and he's going to expect to outplay the pf limper in position.

Once u decide to float the flop then u r good to get it all-in on many turns whether u hit ur hand or not, the q is of course an easy push.

[/ QUOTE ]

well... glad there's some disagreement...
I'm guessing you also missed that it's 9handed and utg+1 (limper) vs utg+2 (mlg), but just in case you didn't:
How wide do you think he raises there? I honestly have no clue, but my guess is something like ATs+,AJ+,88+,KQ or something. I think 3betting with AQ sucks a lot, I wouldn't even 3bet w/ AQ if he was opening here.
Why is the Q an easy push? What does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree, you should basically never 3 bet here preflop
Old 05-02-2007, 12:31 PM

btw i had Tc8c here.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw i had Tc8c here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. What would your play have been if you had made a flush on the river ?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw i had Tc8c here.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so my range was slightly off...
anyway I timed out on the river (well, decided to fold w/ 1 second left, but my decision was highly influenced by the lack of time, fu full tilt). I didn't have enough time to think through the hand very well, so my thought process was pretty simplified.
I really think he's betting for value cause there aren't many hands that I'll call twice here with and then fold, except flush draws which he generally wouldn't need to bluff out, unless he's got a whiffed draw, which there aren't really that many of. I probably would have still folded with more time, but anyway I thought it was an interesting hand. note to self: mlg IS in fact aggressive.

btw mlg, can you explain the small turn bet? I'm very uncreative with my bet sizes in general, so I'm curious what the motivation was there, and what hands you do it with (maybe it was a one-time situation, or maybe you'd rather not say, w/e)
Old 05-03-2007, 12:35 PM
 is offline

The problem is, with this board, there's not even that many "air" hands that MLG takes this line with during the first 3/4 of the hand that really justify a call on the last 1/4. Most air either got a small piece and want a showdown or don't 3-barrel against a tight player who called flat-called the turn on a scary-ass board.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:55 PM

this thread brings up another really good point: why the [censored] doesn't full tilt have some kind of time bank or extended time thing? it's pretty ridiculous that you have like 30 seconds on every decision, no exceptions.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:40 PM

funkii,
I was hoping to do several things on the turn.

1. If you had a J get you to raise so we could get all the money in (since you wouldnt want to call and face lots of river scare/action killing cards).

2. Hope that you would interpret the bet as weak, and try to move me off it with a semi-bluff

3. Make you feel priced in with 1 pair/weak draw type hands like TT or a small flush draw.