Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Default 50nl video of me 4 tabling, anybody feel like commenting on my play?

Hey guys,

I've been around the forums a while but have been hesitant in giving my opinion as far as strategy is concerned as I don't want to give people bad advice unintentionally.

I've made a video of myself 4 tabling while i've been running bad and lol go figure as soon as I record myself I have an ok session. So nothing too bad really happened in this session, there's a few minor spots where I'm not 100% sure what to do that I picked up on, and maybe some of you guys will give this a look and pick up more things or might just be able to help with the situations I express in the video that I have problems with.

It's my first video and I noticed that I might have read my hand as offsuit out loud when it was in fact suited, thats just because I was probably focusing on another table. The video actually turned out ok, the sound is fine and the video quality is good enough to serve its purpose in this video, I will probably make my tables a bit bigger in future videos.

I hope you guys don't get the wrong idea, I'm in no way making these to potentially try and coach someone, I just feel its a good way to have people critique your play this way than from reading HH's, it also seems like you guys like watching vids so in a way its a win/win situation.

I think I played pretty solid ABC poker in this vid, but the reason I'm starting to make these is because this is how I always play and it hasnt always been going this well.

Anyway I hope you guys enjoy the video and if there's anything you want to ask me about the video or some of the scripts I use or even how to make your own vid don't hesitate to give me a shout. If its ok with you guys I might just post a few more in future.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LR1V38RO

If you have any trouble downloading this, its prob best if you download their toolbar (which is what I had to do to watch someone else's video) and it should be easy from there.

Take care

BB
Old 02-09-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: 50nl video of me 4 tabling, anybody feel like commenting on my play?

Bump for the night crowd
Old 02-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: 50nl video of me 4 tabling, anybody feel like commenting on my pla

OK, having watched the first few minutes I notice two things.

1. you are not betting enough. I'm seeing 3BB UTG with 77, and 4BB OTB w/KQ faceing 1 limper.

2. Your cbets are weak- when I was cbetting that little at 50NL I couldn't understand why people kept playing back at me. People look for any excuse to play back, and weak bets give them that excuse. don't.

3. I've seen you complete or fold in the SB in a blind battle. Folding is fine sometimes, but more often than not you should be raising. The same is true in the BB facing a limp.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:50 PM

4. Not anywhere near aggressive enough! I'm screaming at the computer trying to click on the raise button. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 PM

I raise to $2 preflop....if you are going to the flop 2 ways that adds $1 to the pot. C-bets are hopefully successful over 50% which means by raising to $2 we can gain an EV of 0.50+ everytime we c-bet.

Another reason raising to $2 helps is b/c you will also be able to get more money in the pot postflop.

Let's say we get one caller to our $1.50 raise and the BB/SB fold. This puts $3.75 in the pot. say we bet 3/4 pot every street and win the pot.

We win $2.80 on the turn
Pot now $9.35 (we win $7 on turn)
Pot now $23.25 (we win $17.50 on river)

So we were able to extract $29.65 postflop after raising to $1.50 preflop.

Now let's say we raise to $2 preflop and get one call and SB/BB fold. That puts $4.75 in the pot. Again, we bet 3/4 pot the entire way and win.

Flop (we win $3.55)
Turn (pot is $11.85)--we win $8.85
River (pot is $29.55)--we win $22.15

So, we were able to extract $34.55 postflop!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Your cbets are weak- when I was cbetting that little at 50NL I couldn't understand why people kept playing back at me. People look for any excuse to play back, and weak bets give them that excuse. don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as you can still outplay them on later streets....
Old 02-11-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as you can still outplay them on later streets....

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be a problem if we had a hand....a majority of the time we don't have a hand and it's really not smart to fire shells into big pots in later streets.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't a bad thing if they fold, either. But I find they don't fold, I have trouble accurately putting them on a hand, and they end up making the correct call with MP or BP or whatever. I'm not adverse to adding a little uncertainty to my game for a little +EV, but I don't think that's the situation here.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:12 PM

Cool thanks for the comments guys, the reason I bet 3xbb preflop is because I use the BetPot AHK script for stars and thats the amount it puts in. I'll have to start cranking it up to 4xbb's.

I had a feeling I wasnt being aggressive enough, but besides preflop like you guys already stated where can I add more agrression?

You guys see any flaws in my positional play? am i folding too many hands OOP? am I not 3 betting enoungh in position?

Honestly I'm a near breakeven player at this level possibly even a small loser, I always thought that a person that has a good sense of position and doesnt overplay his hands would automatically be a winner in the 50nl game...guess i was wrong lol

For those of you that actually enjoy watching these video's, i've made another video which i think has much more to discuss about. Let me know if I should host it.

Thanks again for watching the vid....appreciate it
Old 02-11-2007, 11:42 PM

It could easily be table selection.. I'm 1/2 way through right now.. and besides the hand with the 4's.. I haven't really seen a big pot.. everyone you're playing with seems pretty tight.

I think you need to try to steal more.. I don't think I've seen you raise on the button without something worse than KT.