Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Wall decoration ideas?

I'm a poor college student. Right now, my walls are depressingly barren. I can't paint the walls (they're white), or add wallpaper, or anything like that. I can't really add furniture (no room) or shelves, etc, either, so my deocrating options are limited to hanging stuff up.

I've got a bunch of pictures, but they're all fairly small and wouldn't look good framed. I figured I could put these on posterboard and staple it to the wall.

I could use a large calendar and bulletin board, I suppose.

I want to stay away from posters unless I'm framing them. I have a Kill Bill poster that's a bit raggedy since I got it when Vol. I came out.

I could add tapestries or sheets or something.

Is there anything I'm missing that would look nice? I want something a little different most of all.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Wall decoration ideas?

I was in the same boat until my roommates painted my walls pink. I like it so much I decided not to decorate.
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM

as you said, a tapestry is a cheap, large option. another large, more expensive option would be to "rasterbate" some picture you like. did you see that thread?
Old 09-16-2006, 05:46 PM

yeah, I thought about the rasterbating idea, not sure if I really wanna do it.

I have four pretty big walls I can cover.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:20 PM

I've got framed album covers hanging on my wall, and its really cool.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 PM

Here are some ideas from another forum I post upon:

:: go buy huge sheets of interesting fabric. pin them tightly on the walls at the baseboard and the ceiling. fold the egdes under before you pin for a nice, clean look. VOILA! faux-wallpapered walls. (Sari fabric works great for this, it's gorgeous, relatively inexpensive, and comes in huge peices.)

:: Urban Outfitters does some gaudy as all hell murals, as does Home Depot. Who doesn't want to sit in their living room and feel like they are hovering over the Strip? Yikes

:: Other alternatives: buying cheap canvases from Michael's craft store and painting them in solid colors to hang in a square shape. Something I've considered doing is cutting decals out of cling material to stick to a wall. Not unlike this:

:: use starch to apply fabric to your wall like wallpaper! you can put whatever you want on the wall, and when you need to move (or change your mind about your walls), just pull it down, wash the wall, and its just like it was before you started! Link to more in depth instructions here

:: floating shelves from IKEA or Home Depot, arranged in a 'stair' pattern to fill up wall space