Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: thoughts on prescription painkiller use

[ QUOTE ]
An addicting nonpainkiller is ambien. It is a sleeping pill that really messed me up when I took it. I woke up so refreshed from that. I really miss that feeling of being completely refreshed from sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a hypnotic and it's absurdly addictive. I have chronic insomnia problems and have had it prescribed a few times, but I am doing my best to naturally resolve the problems with melatonin (it's not going very well).

Ambien (zolpidem) is ridiculously effective, but has a lot of terrible side effects, such as: Sleep nightmares/terrors, sleep walking/talking, severe short-term memory loss, worsening depression/strong feelings, etc. Unfortunately, I am affected by all of them - and that STILL doesn't dissuade me from taking them if I have them.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I cut my finger off, they gave me some kind of painkiller, I turned green, I was so sick to my stomach, I think I had a better time dealing with the pain than feeling like throwing up, so I havve never taken one since.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had knee surgery last week, and the pain from the headache and stomach cramps (caused by the percoset) was way worse than the knee pain, so i just stopped taking them
Old 08-07-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking Vicodin right now for a cracked rib. Taking it as directed really doesn't do much for me -- it takes care of the rib pain, but doesn't otherwise [censored] me up such that I can't function or play poker. Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're obviously placeboes. Send them to me and I'll analyze them for you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. OK, will do. Are you still located at 2345 Crackhead Blvd. in LOL Donkament, CA?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:25 AM

I used to have a connection back in high school for prescription morphine. I remember popping them in my senior english class with a couple friends, needless to say that was the best class I ever had. To those who don't know about the wonderful effects, it left me in a dreamy, distorted state where I just thought happy thoughts for hours. Morphine does make you itch like crazy though.

I never really got addicted either, as soon as my supply ran dry I just gave it up. I didn't go out looking for it, although maybe I should have [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking Vicodin right now for a cracked rib. Taking it as directed really doesn't do much for me -- it takes care of the rib pain, but doesn't otherwise [censored] me up such that I can't function or play poker. Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're obviously placeboes. Send them to me and I'll analyze them for you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. OK, will do. Are you still located at 2345 Crackhead Blvd. in LOL Donkament, CA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be getting my hopes up like that.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 AM

Painkillers are my best friend.

(the truth of this statement is depressing)
Old 08-07-2006, 05:04 AM

I take Hydromorphone HCL (aka Dilaudid) almost daily for a neck condition. I tried the other stuff (oxy, percs, etc) but found they didnt work as well and clouded my head a bit. This stuff is the nuts for pain and it still lets me think clearly. It doesn't really get me high or anything but it's prolly cause I'm used to it but the time I was in the hospital and they gave it to me via IV I was on my ass.

Also it won't show up on a normal opiate drug test so you won't run into trouble with work, etc.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An addicting nonpainkiller is ambien. It is a sleeping pill that really messed me up when I took it. I woke up so refreshed from that. I really miss that feeling of being completely refreshed from sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a hypnotic and it's absurdly addictive. I have chronic insomnia problems and have had it prescribed a few times, but I am doing my best to naturally resolve the problems with melatonin (it's not going very well).

Ambien (zolpidem) is ridiculously effective, but has a lot of terrible side effects, such as: Sleep nightmares/terrors, sleep walking/talking, severe short-term memory loss, worsening depression/strong feelings, etc. Unfortunately, I am affected by all of them - and that STILL doesn't dissuade me from taking them if I have them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had trouble sleeping my entire life. I started taking Rozerem a couple weeks ago and its been amazing. I still spend an hour trying to knock out, but I sleep six or seven hours without waking up. Before this I would wake up every hour at the very minimum. It doesn't seem to work wonders for everyone, but I'd suggest checking it out.

I guess posting this at two doesn't add to my credibility.