Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Arena League Football on ESPN

While watching Mike and Mike this morning they announced that they will be doing the play by play for arena league football games that will be on ESPN monday nights.

Personally I like those guys and hope they are being prepped for maybe some NFL play by play. Also they announced that Jaws will be doing some AFL games as well, so maybe some fine tuning for him before he does some more NFL games. Or I can only hope.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Arena League Football on ESPN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As the boards only Arena football fan: [censored] this [censored]. I was pretty excited to see ESPN sign them up. I should've known they'd pull some ridiculous crap like this.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As the boards only Arena football fan: [censored] this [censored]. I was pretty excited to see ESPN sign them up. I should've known they'd pull some ridiculous crap like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have a problem with Mike and Mike being the main tandum? Golic has always been pretty solid as a color guy and you know that Greeny will take the PBP very seriously. Also Jaws in the booth has never been a bad thing.

I'm not sure what you wanted. If anything this should cause some national Arena Football talk.

As for Case Closed I think this is just to pump up the Arena Football. They have already resigned Tirico, Tony and Thiesman for MNF and they have nothing else NFL wise. From what it sounded like today I think this is going to be a carry over of Monday Night Football. I like it better than watching Two and a Half Men.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM

Because they are a bunch of clueless [censored] on the radio, why would it be any different on TV? What experience do either of them have calling a game? What do either know about Arena football?

Jaws will be awesome.

"I think this is going to be a carry over of Monday Night Football."

which was a total disaster
Old 01-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Golic was doing color on college football for years. Even before they started on the radio. Greeny doesn't come off as the kind of guy who would take PBP lightly.

Jaws and Hoge doing a game will be interesting. I would also enjoy seeing some breakdowns of arena plays instead of the crap NBC used to do.

This could have been alot worse it could have been Pam Ward and Todd Blacklidge.

It's not like the arena rules are completly different from college. There are only a few wrinkles. And I think I read earlier this year they are getting rid many of the iron man requisites so the rules are even closer. It's basically just play it off of the net and Jack out of the Box (a rule I was kind of hoping they would toss as well).
Old 01-16-2007, 04:22 PM

I think the anouncers will be fine, but if the want me to watch, then the Arena league needs to allow teams to play defence. Those games are so boring because they score touchdowns on almost every drive.