Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Bears Vs. Seahawks

My question to you is this.

In the last 5 weeks of the season the Bears D gave up 27, 31, 21, 26 and now 24 points. Do you honestly think the D is anywhere near as good as it was in the beginning of the season when it was giving up about 10 ppg. It isn't. Don't expect things to change the rest of the season unless they really change things.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question to you is this.

In the last 5 weeks of the season the Bears D gave up 27, 31, 21, 26 and now 24 points. Do you honestly think the D is anywhere near as good as it was in the beginning of the season when it was giving up about 10 ppg. It isn't. Don't expect things to change the rest of the season unless they really change things.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they get the amount of turnovers they got in those games then I would expect them to give up ten points. The defense has only generated 1 multi-turnover game since they gave up 13 points to the Vikings. When your not getting those turnovers teams stay on the field longer, the offense gets fewer short fields and easy scores, so the game stays closer and the other team is able to keep all of their play-calling options.

The defense looks the same since Mike Brown went out. They still allow a couple of big runs a game. Alexander had 7 carries for 80 yards and 19 carries for 28 yards. That is a direct result of Brown being out. Since Brown has been gone they are allowing 20 ppg.

I never declared that they were the best defense in the league. They are pretty close though to being the best defense left in the playoffs.

edited to say: The defense you are talking about no longer exists in the NFL. Even the Ravens had lots of holes on defense and were just one or two better Colts play calls from giving up 24-31 points. I'm just looking for better tackling and front four pressure. If they give up 10 points it will be a bonus.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:10 PM

SA did a fine job. Gotta give him credit, he ran hard.

Hass made some terrible decisions. D-Jack dropped his usual passes. Be nice if we had a safety that could cover someone deep.

Good game, though. Both teams had ample opps to win it. In some regards it looked like they were trying to give each other the game.

Helluva kick at the end.

b