Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2007, 02:06 PM

Default 2+2 Communities

This was going to be a long post about the difference between OOT when I started posting and OOT now, but I can't get my head around what I'm really trying to say. So instead I'm going to try and start a discussion about the four 2+2 communities and their relative identities in the hope that we can collectively figure out what OOT is anyway.

My take on the 2+2 communities:

BBV4L - Generally silly and juvenile. Not to be taken seriously, which is key to the fun. It appears to be moderated to make sure posts adhere to 2+2 policies and sometimes for tone, but rarely for quality. If you're not breaking a rule, no post can be too stupid for BBV4L.

The Lounge - Kind of the opposite of BBV4L. In the very short time I've been reading since Tug's ascent, there's not a ton of humor in TLDR. Everything seems to be taken pretty seriously. I don't think the moderators need to do very much because the Lounge posters seem to be a pretty close-knit, mature bunch that mostly self-moderate. The mods are basically camp counselors, but at a camp for the gifted where nobody's really going to cause any trouble anyway.

El Diablo's Forum - Similar to The Lounge but self-consciously "cooler", as evidenced by the fact that you need to be "approved" to post OP's. In fact, I think it's the exclusivity itself that defines and typifies EDGD. Other than that, mostly serious discussions about "adult" topics. Moderation probably not very active because the approved posters know what they're doing and the non-approved posters either are trying to get approved or they don't care and don't post there.

OOT - So what the hell defines OOT. Theoretically most posts in OOT could go into any one of the above forums. Starting with [censored], I think that OOT's identity is defined by its moderation. If anything could go into OOT but the moderators are super-active, as they are, OOT becomes defined by what's excluded instead of what's included.

The great thing about the "old days" of OOT was the collection of random crap. Sure, there was lots of stupidity, but that was tempered by the other stuff.

I don't know where I'm going with this or why I posted it.