Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: KK - 4 bet, Ace high flop

[ QUOTE ]
i think i like c/c one street. hes very unlikely to call with worse. im not sure how likely he is to bet with worse. [censored] spot

nevermind, pots is already so huge that if he bets anything normal sized then were committed if we call.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what is your advice?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM

The problem with c/c is if he has jj/qq, I think he wants to see SD as badly as Hero does, not turn his hand into a bluff. If he bets here it will be for value far more often then to push hero off a better hand, so I'd c/f.

I've been out of poker for a few months so I'm not sure if this is way off =/
Old 11-04-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with c/c is if he has jj/qq, I think he wants to see SD as badly as Hero does, not turn his hand into a bluff. If he bets here it will be for value far more often then to push hero off a better hand, so I'd c/f.

I've been out of poker for a few months so I'm not sure if this is way off =/

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't completely discount villain having hands with zero showdown value here - smaller pairs, lots of suited/connected crap, etc.. I might be biased because I've had this line played against me a decent amount lately and every single time they've had trash [for a 4-bet call], which is also why I think this is a really interesting spot.

And a 4 aggression for a 34% VPIP is very high, but of course sample size/etc are all an issue. Regardless, it shows he is probably more than capable of making plays at pots with less than premium hands. His preflop numbers along with his stack sizes lead me to believe he also probably sucks, meaning there's a good chance he may also not realize that this is a terrible spot to make a play. So I'm not folding.