Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

FWIW, I don't have a passport currently. The one I got at age 14 or whatever expired. So, I mean, I'm getting one expedited this week but now I don't have to stress.

Having a passport and not bringing it is just silly, because, well, anything can happen.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wait...gobbo is arguing against bringing his passport? what's gotten into that boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

me thinks he just likes to assert his independence against his poor sweet little mama whenever possible. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Having a passport and not bringing it is just silly, because, well, anything can happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm copying and bolding this for him to read when he gets home. Thank you Clayton. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 08:37 PM

fwiw, the Canadian border is a little more slack than the American border (I live in a border town, except it's a smaller border so not as tight security. I've never had any trouble with just a driver's license though) but I would still recommend having a passport if possible because the bigger borders are probably quite a bit tighter about this sort of thing.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM

and that's what the argument is centered around. His is that a passport is unnecessary for crossing the border, so no need to take it. Mine is that I think it's dumb to be in ANY other country w/ out a passport or a visa. (Especially if you have one, lol.)
Old 10-10-2007, 09:21 PM

I'm going to have to side with gobbo.

Implying that bringing your passport to WPT Niagra is a complete freeroll is a stupid statement. There is obviously some harm that can come with bringing the passport. The main possible problem would obviously be losing the passport. If Gobbo leaves the passport at home, there is 0% chance he loses the passport. However, if he does bring the passport, I'd say there is at least a .5% chance he loses it, either by forgetfulness, a mugging, a stripper stealing it, car accident, etc. I also believe there is a greater chance he loses it, than him getting into any sort of situation where the passport would be of great value to him as knowing Jimmy, he usually veers away from trouble. The probability of Jimmy getting into trouble (<.5%) AND there being an error on the website meaning he needed the passport (<.1%) is definitely less than the probability of Jimmy losing it.
Then it would only make practical sense for Jimmy to leave the passport at home. Also, it would probably help Jimmy have a more enjoyable experience at WPT Niagra if he doesn't have to stress about taking care of, and not misplacing, a very important document of his that he needs to go to several other poker tournaments that require that document.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
having a big argument with Gobbo over the passport issue- I think if you've got one, you should bring it. Even if you don't need it, it can't hurt to have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be talking with that boy.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:26 PM

LOL. I think you're awesome Stealth. If Jimmy loses his passport then he doesn't deserve to have one. responsibility=stress. A 20 yr. old needs to have a little bit of both for their own good.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:28 PM

According to my Googling efforts, you will need a passport to fly into Canada, and only a birth certificate + state ID to drive in. Is this correct? Edit: Talked to Gobbo and then re-read OP and found it. Thanks Claytown.

Also, does anybody know the room rates?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM

Without a doubt its better to bring passport.

Especially true if you:

a. have a ton of money on you, and/or

b. are not white.