Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: set vs weird line from 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river is good if you plan on snapcalling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With $150 left, I doubt Villain is doing much bluffraising. But now you have to call anyway, congrats. Seems pretty bad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

pineapple, no offense but you constantly contradict yourself in every thread. its like "omg easy 3bet get it" and then I bet the river and you're like "wow that makes no sense" what changed between the turn and river except she doesnt have a chance to bluff now? in which case it doesnt make any sense to 3bet the turn b/c she'd just fold.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A TAG blocking bet / b/f bet of $50 would have been good if you wanted to call a shove, IMO. I think c/c is the play here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I really didnt think I was behind unless it was 66 or 45 since I really doubt she'd play a flush like this. I was obviously calling a shove, so I wish I bet smaller.

had something else goin down on a different table to just slide barred over and landed on 82
Old 11-30-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river is good if you plan on snapcalling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With $150 left, I doubt Villain is doing much bluffraising. But now you have to call anyway, congrats. Seems pretty bad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

pineapple, no offense but you constantly contradict yourself in every thread. its like "omg easy 3bet get it" and then I bet the river and you're like "wow that makes no sense" what changed between the turn and river except she doesnt have a chance to bluff now? in which case it doesnt make any sense to 3bet the turn b/c she'd just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I suck. So point out the flaws in my arguments instead of saying "ZOMG YOU CONTRADICT YOURSELF IN EVERY SINGLE THREAD!11!11!!1!11!" when it's completely obvious that I don't and that you are exaggerating, even if you happen to be right in this particular case.

Or maybe you could learn something if you actually think about what I'm saying.

Anyway, you may have noticed that the river bricked. So, fine, you didn't raise and got a little lucky. So now you may want to think about how that changes the situation.

Bet/call guarantees you will lose the maximum when you are behind. The stacks don't set up well for inducing a big bluff IMHO. MAYBE gaybet/call. Maybe. But Villain's far more likely to bluff if you just check, absent some crazy history which you don't apparently have, and now you win more when you are ahead, and lose less when you are behind, which is generally a good thing. But feel free to point out the contradiction.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:04 PM

youre saying the best play on the river is to check to induce a bluff based on the assumption that bluffs make up the majority of her range, yea? so why are you so happy getting it in on the turn when she folds bluffs (the majority of her range) and stacks you when you're behind?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 PM

and ffs, chill out