Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-24-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Vegas NL poker rooms

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played 1/3 NL at Ceasar's last month and it was a fairly easy game, the 2/5 NL at Bellagio can be a bit sick at times, our table had a ridiculous amount of money on it for a 2/5. Best of luck!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my take on the Bellagio's 2/5 game as well. The softest, weakest 2/5 I found in Vegas was definitely Red Rock. I loved 1/3 at both Wynn and Ceasar's, as it played almost like 2/5. 1/2 at Venetian is really soft, especially if you play while Tao is kicking--drunk fish with money love to wander into the poker room and donate a few buy-ins. Venetian is the easiest money if you don't have transportation to Red Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Red rock is not soft at all. I live across the street from it and play there and other vegas rooms all the time. It is filled with locals who know what they are doing. You just happened to hit a fish pond when you were there.

Red rock is the LAST place i would recommend to play at, Venetian would be the first. Also Mirage game is really soft but i hate the atmosphere.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was wrong with the atmosphere at the Mirage?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played 1/3 NL at Ceasar's last month and it was a fairly easy game, the 2/5 NL at Bellagio can be a bit sick at times, our table had a ridiculous amount of money on it for a 2/5. Best of luck!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my take on the Bellagio's 2/5 game as well. The softest, weakest 2/5 I found in Vegas was definitely Red Rock. I loved 1/3 at both Wynn and Ceasar's, as it played almost like 2/5. 1/2 at Venetian is really soft, especially if you play while Tao is kicking--drunk fish with money love to wander into the poker room and donate a few buy-ins. Venetian is the easiest money if you don't have transportation to Red Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Red rock is not soft at all. I live across the street from it and play there and other vegas rooms all the time. It is filled with locals who know what they are doing. You just happened to hit a fish pond when you were there.

Red rock is the LAST place i would recommend to play at, Venetian would be the first. Also Mirage game is really soft but i hate the atmosphere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I don't like the RR action at all but I also don't think the V would be my first choice for fishy games. It is hit or miss there imo, the games could be good or they could be very meh. They have been below average lately imo.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 PM

My last visit to V last weekend my table had 5 grinding locals I recognized at it. Once the last bright spot at the table had busted and been replaced, I fled. It reminded me of RR, actually.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:32 PM

Sounds like every time I've tried to play 2/5 at Venetian. Except for the bright spot.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played at RR during the day and I was the youngest (I'm 34) player on the table by a decade . . . The play wasn't terrible, but it sure was predictable. 1/2 AT RR and Venetian are great games, as I played at that limit there no less than 50 times between the two rooms from 3/23 to 7/10. Not only is it a haven for the TAG player, but the cocktail servers are beautifull and fairly quick. Playing RR during the day hours till about 11pm, and playing V from 11pm till about 4 are great money making times. After 11pm the competition seems tougher at RR, maybe due to non-grinder tourists being away from the Hotel and hitting the strip/sleeping? From 11-4 There is nowhere I'd prefer to play to V, with maybe Binions if you are staying out that way.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no NL small stakes game in Vegas that is reliably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's something terribly wrong with this statement.

True? Standard?