Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

I definitely agree that less is more in these situations. Key stats are what is important. For me the fold to 3-bet is one of them.

Maybe you are right about the 4-bet stuff, especially at lower levels where people don't often re-repop with air. This is more a meta-game play used at 5/10NL and above.

Regards the float stat, that is not technically a float then, as if somebody has hit a set on a dry board a similar action will most likely be played out. Also this stat could well be seriously skewed by passive players, who just call with their top pair, strongish kicker, or better players who will call with 2nd pair if they know their opponent to c-bet all the time.

Not sure if it would be possible to factor in those kind of things, but without the float factor could be really misleading. If I see the float factor being high I want to be making some moves and putting the pressue on, given that they are supposed to be "floating" and have air a lot of the time. I don't want to find they actually have top pair, 2nd/3rd kicker fairly often, are passive and are still going to call me.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:03 AM

I have just noticed that it looks like the guy has finally come good on wanting to produce a PT rival in Holdem Manager. As part of that he is going to have a HUD as well.

As a serious player (that makes the vast majority of his income from poker) I think you are really along the right lines with the way your calculate your stats and display them in your HUD. I have no idea what his HUD is going to be like and what he is going to do, maybe there is an opportunity to interact with the creator of Hold'em Manager and get your work incorporated into his (for some monetary return of course).

As the way I see it, PT and PA HUD have been slow to really take seriously the ideas you have got working in your HUD. A bit of serious competition does nothing but good for us end users, and any rival (as Hold'Em Manager is trying to be) needs to be the best it possibly can to really take on the monopoly of PT/PA HUD.

I would hate to see what you have already done go by the way side as I previously stated I think the way you have done things so far is absolutely spot on what serious players require (and isn't available in PT / PAHUD).
Old 06-27-2007, 09:45 PM

I'm going on vacation and won't be back till next week. I was thinking about posting a new version, but I've been working on Stars support. Hopefully it's only a couple of days or so when I get back on the 6th of July.

I'd rather a new version till then. That way I can test the version fairly thoroughly.

I guess there's a few of niggly things I need to do.

1. Fix the exception on closing Realtime when tables are open.

2. If I can find a way to compile with the MFC .dll file included. MHope I don't need to buy a new compiler though..

3. I noticed that I am loading the card0.png for the mucked cards images file from c:\program files\full tilt poker\graphics\table\elements. If you have full tilt installed in a different directory, Realtime won't be able to load it. You can just make that same folder for now and copy the cards0.png file to it. Kind of messy and I'll look at fixing it in the next version.

4. Look at changing the call 3-bet stats to fold to 3-bet.

If anybody has anything else, please either post here or PM me.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the software! It's working great for me.

But am I the only one who misses the WTS value? An option to change the font/font size would also be nice imo.

edit: it would also be nice if you could minimize the window to the tray
Old 07-03-2007, 02:10 PM

just installed the software. thanks a lot for sharing it. Can I request font size changing too please?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Really nice software, thanks. Changing font and font size and getting some showdown stats would be fantastic.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 AM

Mikechops so far I enjoy this software. Thanks for doing this! <3 It's finally a relief to have a hud on the new ftp that DOESN'T LAG HARDCORE (cough cough).

In any case I'm having a few problems with the software. I suck at computers though. I appreciate any help you have:

1) Everytime I save preferences for things like color, HH location etc etc and then close the program, everything will be gone the next time I start it up. I will get an error message and then I have to reset all the preferences.

2) One problem I had with moving the stats around (but belive me, I LOVE this idea) was that everytime I adjusted the stats for me, it would alter the position of my stats on other tables. Thus it turned into a bunch of overlay and general mess. I semi-solved the problem by clicking "auto-center" in Full Tilt's options but was wondering if there is a less "ghetto" way of handling it.

Thanks man!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Am i the only one this doesn't work for? It seems that the people's stats are in the wrong position (which i dragged over), and that some people who left the table's stats are showing. also, is there any way to use my old database? I have to start with 0 hands every time.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:33 PM

V1.02
Added Poker Stars support.
Moved filters to their own dialog since it is a general setting and didnt belong with either FTP or Stars settings.
Fixed shutdown with tables open bug.
Added choose font button to display prefs dialog.
Looked at player stats not appearing. Thought I fixed it, though it happened again on a Stars table - ##@! - Added click on table in the list to activate all player stas for a table. It only happened once in opening maybe 50 tables over 2 hours and clicking on the table list doesnt seem too hard until I can track it down?
Added support for HU tables (Only tested on Full Tilt as I couln't see any on Stars). I'll be doing more with HU after I get Party Poker supported.
Changed Call 3-bet stat to Fold to 3-bet.

TODO
Party. I have a bunch of HH's from pre-Oct. I guess I can use FPHG for some more. And of course there's always play $ tables..Shouldn't be too long since most of the Stars work was actually extending the classes to handle different sites. Could be a bugger to test though.

Look to see what I can do with players who sit and dont play. FTP lists them in the chip count at the start of the HH. This is convenient since I get their stats up before they play a hand. Stars has message thatr says "donkey123 sits in seat 5". It could appear anywhere in the HH so it's going to be a bit of a pain to read. Also need to make sure the seat isn't marked as empty when the next HH has no mention of them because they sat out. Also check for when players stand up - not so improtant but would look tidier.

Add last pot $ to mucked cards overlay

Speed up import. Pretty fast for files that are created in order of hand #, but bogs down a bit for PT exported files - still faster than >>> PT, but can do something about this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4dyjntgx0x

Gonna be away for a couple of days, but Party shouldn't take too long when I get back. 2-3 days.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:54 PM

mike, could you help me out ? I sent an email and got no response [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]