Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Canadian Idol (X-post)

I didn't realize there was an entertainment betting forum hence the x-post.

Forgive me for being a complete newb when it comes to sports betting.

Firstly, is it even possible to bet on Canadian Idol? If so, how much could I win if Tara Oram goes top 2 or 3?

The reason I picked her? Solely based on where she's from: Newfoundland. For some reason Newfie's go nuts for voting for fellow Newfoundlanders in these competitions. The last 2 years newfies have come in second and the year before 4th. This year the Newfie left in the competition is a hot young blond country singer, she's gonna go deep. It won't matter how good or bad she sings, she will be top 4 guaranteed.

Any way to bet on her?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Canadian Idol (X-post)

I have no idea about the betting part. But I'm curious, how does she compare to Eva Avila?
Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize there was an entertainment betting forum hence the x-post.

Forgive me for being a complete newb when it comes to sports betting.

Firstly, is it even possible to bet on Canadian Idol? If so, how much could I win if Tara Oram goes top 2 or 3?

The reason I picked her? Solely based on where she's from: Newfoundland. For some reason Newfie's go nuts for voting for fellow Newfoundlanders in these competitions. The last 2 years newfies have come in second and the year before 4th. This year the Newfie left in the competition is a hot young blond country singer, she's gonna go deep. It won't matter how good or bad she sings, she will be top 4 guaranteed.

Any way to bet on her?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to EB!

take a look at pinnacle and see if it is being offered. i have not seen it at bodog, playersonly or wsex. are you american or canadian? if you are canadian then there are more books available to you. you will have to dig a bit and see which ones might have this. if you can't find it, try emailing service@bodog.com and ask for it.

as far as your runner being top 2 or 3, you won't find this bet. only action for the winner will be offered.

if all this fails, you can present your own prop at many of the sites. i.e. you make the prop and post it. if someone likes the oter side, they will take the bet. the site charges a small fee.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:04 AM

My calendar says it's Canada Day. So like, Happy Canada Day to all you Canadians, eh.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 PM

i used to go to mon-ray-AlL 4-5 times a year until i lost half my heart function and the ability to get 5 erections/day. it is my favorite city in the world, and where i want to retire. i want to die in a strippers arms during a lap dance to donna summer's version of con te de partiro.

every year i would go around today for one of my trips. july 1st is my b-day. every year i would get pissed because the whole city would close down for this holiday, yet NOBODY could properly explain to me wtf canada day was. they all knew it was a holiday, but none knew the proper story behind it, just that it was a great day for getting tanked..

mmm, i [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] montreal.

donna summer, con te de partiro
you have to imagine being totally hammered and the stripper is doing a hot dance to this song blaring
Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea about the betting part. But I'm curious, how does she compare to Eva Avila?

[/ QUOTE ]

She was awesome in tryouts but kinda sucked in her top 22 performance.

Eva was the best Canadian Idol singer of all time IMO (her song is on the radio as I type this funnily enough), I knew she was going to the finals early and would be the winner if all of Canada could muster enough votes to beat off the Newfies.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Thanks granny.

I found this on Bet365: http://www.online-betting-guide.co.u...top-female.htm

Can somebody explain what a 6 means? How did people make $$ in American idol wagering when they didn't pick a winner. Is it like buying stock, buy low now then sell later if she goes deep? From what I gather she is middle of the pack among just the ladies which means she is priced extremely low if my Newfoundland theory is correct.

I'm Canadian BTW. I'm guessing July 1st is the day all the provinces officially became "Canada". I'm gonna google it now.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She was awesome in tryouts but kinda sucked in her top 22 performance.

Eva was the best Canadian Idol singer of all time IMO (her song is on the radio as I type this funnily enough), I knew she was going to the finals early and would be the winner if all of Canada could muster enough votes to beat off the Newfies.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are betting on her to win.

she is currently paying 6-1. at your site it is a straight wager that you hold till end. at wsex we bought contracts that could be traded during the season. i think it will be tough for you to find contracts on this event.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:10 PM

Happy b-day GM! I hope you get your wish, but not for a long time.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:08 PM

<font color="red"> It's a day late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Granny!!</font>