Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Moving Up In Stakes

[ QUOTE ]

But let's humor the arrogant jerks and assume that I do have massive leaks, or, in other words, I'm a terrible fish. Why didn't my graph start out moving steadily downward? Why does it move up, then nose dive, then steadily move up before taking another nosedive?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's quite possible you sucked less to begin with.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sence,

maybe he didn't get what you were saying because you didn't use sentences, punctation or even put a string of words that belong together.

FWIW, I read it the same as ditch did.

So, in conclusion, please don't troll this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
devin,

please explain where I didn't use sentences, punctation or put a string of words that didn't belong together.
prolly that's because of germanization of my lingo, but clearly I can't do anything about that.

The bottomline of my post was basically:
"Whoever says he's best at something, is in danger to lose focus on improving - and while you don't improve, you will prolly get a worse player."
Old 11-15-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guthrie, how much of the end of that graph is 6.5s? If you're even breakeven at 27s you should be crushing the 6.5s.

[/ QUOTE ]

About a third of the graph is 6.50s. I was running 8% at the 16s and 27s before the nosedives began and I moved down, and I'm at 3.56% over 3058 6.50s. I don't really see much difference between the 6.50s and 16s. I push, I get called, I bust out.

Maybe I should just take the advice of the arrogant jerks and fold into the money at the 6.50s since it's so easy. Unfortunately none of them have been able to show me how to do that when there are six players left at 100/200 and I have 800 chips.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:07 PM

I think there might some correlation between constantly having a halved stack by level 6, and only beating hte 6.50s for 3.5% (lol).

In Pokertracker, are you profitable at all blind levels.

Let's start with the 6.50s, as there is no point in discussing higher buy-ins when you hardly beat these micro stakes.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:11 PM

3.5% ROI at $6.50s and "bad luck" at higher stakes. Riiiiight.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM

@ Guthrie -- a coach and a prescription for xanax would be a good restart to your STT career.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Arguing this with Guthrie is redundant. it's happened time and time again. He is one of the unlucky ones with a rigged account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people might think that moderators should refrain from making snide remarks, repeatedly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I'm a mod is because I've been here for awhile and I'm a pretty active poster. So, as someone that's been here awhile, some posters just get on your nerves from there posting habits.

Your particular habit that is irritating is that you only post in threads that discuss downswings and talk about how bad you've run forever. You contribute very little otherwise.

So, forgive my snide comments, but I'll continue to make them because it's a good outlet for me and I am not running the risk of chasing away a contributing member of STTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly am I supposed to contribute? I post a hand, a couple of people make a snide comment, then it dies, or gets completely ignored in the first place.

I respond to other people's hand posts, and my response is pretty much the same as everyone else, so why bother.

I ask for help, I get ridicule from the regulars as well as the mods.

I finally find a few non-jerks to review my HHs, they find no significant leaks, but according to you and the rest of the jerks I'm a terrible player. How exactly do you come to that conclusion without ever looking at a single hand of mine?

I wrote software that produced a lot of stats on SnGs that PT doesn't. Several players sent me their HHs, I sent them their stats, and they thanked me. The jerks here just ridiculed my effort.

I posted in this thread because a new player asked about downswings. To the arrogant jerks, downswings don't exist. Is that a good thing to tell a new player? Just because he ran hot for 500 tournies, should he expect the same results as the best players over thousands of tournies? According to many on this forum, yes, of course he should. Don't anybody dare suggest caution. SnGs are free money. Any idiot can beat them.

This forum isn't here just for the mods, the winning players, and former SnG players who just come back here to shoot off their mouth about how drunk they got last night, or their road trip to wherever.

If you don't like it, then maybe you should resign as a moderator and move to another forum. I pay the same for my forum membership as you do.

And I will continue to honestly answer the questions of new players, and try to ignore your insults.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@ Guthrie -- a coach and a prescription for xanax would be a good restart to your STT career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you come up with that all by yourself, or did you have to get help from one of your little friends?

Thanks for playing. Try again when you grow up.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 PM

sence,

I think it is possible to consider ones-self a top player at the game and level that they play and still maintain focus and study and improve. Part of being the best is admitting to yourself that you can never stop improving.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 PM

"How exactly do you come to that conclusion without ever looking at a single hand of mine?"

Us winning players are usually equipped with something we like to call a "brain". With this device, we can conclude that it's near impossible for someone with such huge "downsings" to be a good player.
It's basic understanding of probability and statistics.