Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: 25/50 6max, Deep, Slow played KK hits a set

this is a for sure bet on the turn in my book, a check only allows him to draw for a flush or at a straight with QJ or both...theres no value in checking because if he misses hes not paying you off on the river. you played it way too passive and paid for it on the river
Old 10-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Results:

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to tagtastic (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $175</font>, tagtastic calls $175, SB calls $150, BB folds

Flop: ($575) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $450</font>, <font color="red">tagtastic raises to $1,700</font>, SB folds, CO calls $1,250

Turn: ($3,975) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, tagtastic checks

River: ($3,975) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $3,150</font>, tagtastic folds

Results: $3,975 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO mucked and WON $3,972 (+$2,097 NET)

River was a fairly easy fold I guess, but I found myself questioning my turn check later. Maybe just too results oriented?

I checked basically because I was scared of a c/r, and some of that decision was because I was playing higher than normal. But maybe this logic isn't so bad? It seems to me a lot of good players at this level play in a way that protects against losing their stack in a spot like this.

Just made me feel a bit sick/weak to just give up on such an underrepresented monster.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:16 AM

How come it is an easy fold on river???
Even if Ac is very possible here you have 2nd nuts and you need to win 50% of the time to be worth it right??

I think your check back on the turn and the 4th club is just a perfect spot for vilan to bluff the river.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the way you posted this he must have had AxA [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and the board went runner runner club and he flushed out on you because you checked on the turn.

but, i still think that you have to check the turn here. if you bet the turn, you are only getting called/raised if you are beat here. because you hand is still relatively strong, and very well disguised, you can check here and bet/raised if the board pairs, and still call a half pot sized bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

More love for this post please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM

nh
Old 10-29-2007, 01:48 PM

I'm probably wrong, but I can't see this as a super easy fold on the river. Does he really show up with AcKx or AcAx or something here 2/3 of the time? I don't really know what else he gets there with that beats us unless he actually turned the nut flush. This just seems like a spot where a call isn't as bad as everyone is saying. It's close either way
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably wrong, but I can't see this as a super easy fold on the river. Does he really show up with AcKx or AcAx or something here 2/3 of the time? I don't really know what else he gets there with that beats us unless he actually turned the nut flush. This just seems like a spot where a call isn't as bad as everyone is saying. It's close either way

[/ QUOTE ]
Did people not notice we have Kc? I don't know the opponent, but we are folding every hand accept Axc? I could see opponents betting many hands on river as bluff/thin value (especially if we all are folding Kc).
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 PM

This is why you shouldn't play outside of your usual limits. after just staring at this hand for a while, I really think that you have to bet the turn here. That being said, if you don't bet the turn, I really think you have to be prepared to call a river bet if the club hits; as played, your turn check looks soooo weak that villain would be borderline foolish not to bluff a club. 95% of players continue-bet that turn with AcKx or AxKc (or KxKc - like you had) so his bet could very well be a value bet with QcJx, etc... I guess I would just rather drop a BI getting a bit information rather than fold here and then pull my hair out thinking about it for the next few weeks.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:31 PM

I think checking the Turn is the best play here.. But I won't fold always with Kc in that spot. Really opponent dependant but I think it's not an easy fold by any means
Old 10-29-2007, 02:46 PM

i would check turn as well, but I NEVER fold this river. unless he really overbet the pot or something