Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Official Final Fantasy XII thread (likely spoilers inside)

[ QUOTE ]
How long did it take everyone to fill up the license board? My guys are level 45 and getting there. I'm eager to switch out the 2x LP for the 2x XP bracers though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I just killed Tyrant pretty easily and am moving along. Still love the game.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

my suggestion would be to switch over to the 2x EXP as soon as possible. This is because over the course of the game, you will definitely end up getting more LP then you need, and by the time you reach leave 80ish, you'll have enough LP to fill the board. Also, its pretty easy to get a lot of LP (i think you only need 10k to fill the whole thing? i forget) if you need it.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:48 PM

DKX is absolutely right. 2x XP is much more imporatant. The only real reason to fill up the license board is because it is a reward. Just have your three in the fray with 2x XP and 3 on the bench with 2x LP. But I also suggest having a ribbon or bubble belt on a fighter.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:25 AM

So i got 125 hours in and man either im just speding too much time puttsing around or this game is going to take like 300 hours to beat. i only got 7 espers, about 300 LP per person except one left to fill the board. but there is so much more stuff i still gotta get. for the people who beat it how many hours did you have logged in?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:56 AM

Default I\'m sorry but this game blows

I've played up to the second scene at Bur Omisace and I'm so bored and annoyed I think I'm just gonna abandon the game.

-- Gambit system is somehow both cumbersome and underdeveloped.
-- Interface in general is poorly thought-out.
-- It takes way too long for the cool gambits to become available.
-- Story has no emotional hook.
-- Music is underwhelming compared to previous FF games.
-- Developers should have used the gambit system to let players field all 6 characters at once....or at least let players switch characters on the fly! This aspect of the interface is a big step back from FFX.
-- Game's too easy unless you intentionally gimp yourself. When it does get harder, it doesn't really get funner.
-- Shallow gambit system and 3-character limit means that player skill doesn't matter enough relative to level differentials.
-- The spells and techniques that allow for the cleverest strategies take too long to unlock.
-- Having to play guessing games on the license board is lame.
-- Augment section on license board is lame, these passive abilities should just have been incorporated into the leveling-up process.
-- It's impossible to get 100% without consulting a FAQ or buying the guide -- I'm sure that's not an accident, which is so uncool.

etc etc

the cinematography and art direction in the cutscenes are awesome, i'll happily admit.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:00 AM

Default Re: I\'m sorry but this game blows

holy man thats alot of gripes! i agree with you somewhat. the story is very poor compared to other FF games. with the amount of time since the 11 came out, you would think they could of done alot more. But im a FF addict!!! But this game does have a ton of replay value. like i stated before i have many many hours in and id say im about lil over half way done with everything in the game
Old 12-22-2006, 03:48 AM

yeah ilya i actually agree with alot of your gripes... however, as far as it compares to most other non-ff rpgs out there, its still very good bordering on excellent.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:58 AM

Alright, I just finished off the Seer Hunt, leaving me Ixion and Yiazmat on the hunts. I'm sort of burnt out on the game now, so I may not even bother with those two and the rest of the Espers and just finish the game. I like the game, but after awhile it just gets more annoying than fun. Other Final Fantasies did better jobs of getting better as they went along.

Also, getting the mostly useless airship so late was lame. No point but to force an airship into the game. It's easier to travel by crystals than airships.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:02 AM

Yeah i totally agree with you!!! i got the airship and im like bout time. But then i find out im just about done with the game(story line wise). i really feel the lack of storyline hurt this game big time.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:24 AM

Im only 45 hours into the game but i can see some of problems you guys have brought up. Im at the part right before Feywood, and ive killed probably the last 7-8 bosses with basically quickenings alone (some were hunts,) so its been a while since ive actually fully used the gambit system (other then some basic ones when fighting enemies.) Hell I even killed the bomb boss even though I wasnt supposed to yet (i figured that out since the enemies that followed destroyed me.) I have a feeling this will work for a while longer then ill have to change everything up and use gambits and fight legitimately. Basically what I am getting at is once you get quickenings the game gets easier so it's easy to rely on them and use them a ton for everything, making the battles pretty boring. I just think quickenings in general are set up badly (and espers appear to suck but i cant know yet.)

I still think it's a great game, just the problem is the bar has been set so high with previous FF games. The story is not as good and the side stuff doesnt seem as fun (although it definately seems like the deepest FF to date by far.)
Old 12-22-2006, 01:04 PM

As for the side stuff, the hunts and espers do lose their fun after awhile. They are possibly the most difficult side quest battles ever, but what's annoying is all the time it takes to get to them. Also, if you aren't looking up online where the hunts or espers are or how to get them to show up, you might as well blow your brains out now. Some of them take forever to get to even when you know how to get to them. [censored], I spent like 3 or 4 hours last night just to get to the Seer hunt. And it wasn't the least bit fun getting there. Just repeptitive [censored]. The battle was kinda cool though.