Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: You can now play more tables at Stars.

Yeah the tables were full of bad players last night.

I still managed to drop 10 buyins in a 5-hour, 24 table session though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thank god I dropped a level.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 AM

I haven't played over 15 yet myself. But I am only using my laptop at the moment. Just reformatted my desktop last week though, and need to start using it more as I have 2 20" monitors on it.

I don't forsee me even trying to play 24 tables. 16-18 I believe will probably be max I ever play.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:17 AM

I will just use this thread for my question.

Is there a way to join waiting list for all tables within a stake with a minimum ammount of players? It is hell to start multi tabling at stars in off-hours.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:43 AM

I think there is nothing to help with that. What annoyes me like hell is that you jump to the top of the list once you open a table. The lobby should just remain at the same position in the list of tables...

Anyhow, I wonder how long it will take to get some higher minimum buy-in tables. I would much prefer tables with min. buy-in of 1/2 of the max buy-in. I just hate what shortstacking is doing to poker and the quality of the games that are available. Especially when it is just easier and easier to make money that way - good example is this max table increase.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive heard of 30 SNGs at once. basically same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 30 SNG's isn't the same as 24 cash games at all. cash games there are decision trees at each street. SNG's you're making all of your decisions PF, or on the flop.

i think this is a horrible change. I think my rate/play is going to be similar (albeit worse), but really playing against 16 ON EMPTY or 16 UPay is pretty annoying. Even given how ABC they MUST play, i think with so many tables around they play back even more so than before. It's like, oh, he 3/bet me here, and here, and here, (obviously, since we're sharing 12 tables).
Old 11-02-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

playing 30 SNG's isn't the same as 24 cash games at all. cash games there are decision trees at each street. SNG's you're making all of your decisions PF, or on the flop.

i think this is a horrible change. I think my rate/play is going to be similar (albeit worse), but really playing against 16 ON EMPTY or 16 UPay is pretty annoying. Even given how ABC they MUST play, i think with so many tables around they play back even more so than before. It's like, oh, he 3/bet me here, and here, and here, (obviously, since we're sharing 12 tables).

[/ QUOTE ]

you're telling me, pattay, SobraoBoy, BigMick, Pumuckel and all the other nits were out in force last night. I can make money off the last 2 consistently, but its like 1 BB at a time. The tables better be good today.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you are saying. At one time last night, I think I was on like 10 different tables with Ryan. Was beginning to think he was following me around. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're telling me, pattay, SobraoBoy, BigMick, Pumuckel and all the other nits were out in force last night. I can make money off the last 2 consistently, but its like 1 BB at a time. The tables better be good today.

[/ QUOTE ]

big mick 3/barrel bluffed in a pot he didn't raise. obviously the OOP Caller did not have big mick's 9/1 stats on hand. (i fold that flop guaranteed), but now...i dunno. lol.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 PM

So does Stars run more tables now that the multi-tablers are filling up 24 each? Or is it about the same number of active cash tables?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:10 PM

way way more it looks like.

I'm going back to 1/2 tabling, btw.
I hate you guys for getting me addicted to FPPs.