Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 02:56 PM

Default England v Trinidad

2 days to go folks, I've a sneaky feeling the boy Rooney will play quite a bit of this game, he's looking good in training and, without any disrespect toward T & T, it seems like the perfect game to ease him back in. Thoughts?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Re: England v Trinidad

[ QUOTE ]
I've a sneaky feeling the boy Rooney will play quite a bit of this game, he's looking good in training and, without any disrespect toward T & T, it seems like the perfect game to ease him back in. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, considering I just heard a report that the doctor who has to clear him to play won't be available until Friday, I highly doubt he'll be in there.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:01 PM

I suspect Rooney will go.

This should be an interesting match as it's T&T was an English colony. These matches often bring out the best in the colony players due to their desire to get a result against the other country. You can be sure that Trinidad and Tobago will be ready to play and fighting hard. I think England will win but it will be 1-0 or 2-0. If Trinidad and Tobago can get a point, they would be a legitimate threat to go through to the next round as probably the biggest surprise ever.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:04 PM

As someone born in Trinidad, GO TRINIDAD!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:33 PM

I don’t expect to see Rooney but I think we might all get a look at Walcott though.
Trinidad are big strong and physical but I can’t see them putting in another defensive performance like they did against Sweden that’s just asking too much.
Prediction an unconvincing 2-0 win to England followed by a media over reaction.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 days to go folks, I've a sneaky feeling the boy Rooney will play quite a bit of this game, he's looking good in training and, without any disrespect toward T & T, it seems like the perfect game to ease him back in. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the newspapers, the FA has ordered Sven-Göran not to play Rooney until he has been examined by an independent physician. They are worried that his insurance is not valid otherwise. So, No Rooney tomorrow, but it would be a good game to give him some playing time.

Edit: I really hope England wins this one. Also I hope you all gives us some support against Paraguay.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:53 AM

I'm not sure about Walcott, although he has undoubted talent, he's looked like a rabbit in the headlights in his first couple of runouts, I can only remember him having the ball once, in the 'B' teams defeat to Belarus. I just hope that Owen finds his sharpness quick, and Rooney doesn't have the same problems when he's back. I think Eriksson should give Lennon a spell too, though I can only see this happening if we already have a comfortable lead seeing as it will be Beckham who gives way for him.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:12 AM

Walcott should be nowhere near this England team and i hope to god he doesn't get a game. He's been poor in his appearences and by all reports is being completely outclassed in training. Its an insult to Defoe and Bent that their poven records are stamped on for a kid WHO HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE TOPFLIGHT GAME. If Rooney is as fit as the papers are reportnig then fifteen minutes at the end of the T&T game would be perfect to get him back into competative action.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Walcott should be nowhere near this England team and i hope to god he doesn't get a game. He's been poor in his appearences and by all reports is being completely outclassed in training. Its an insult to Defoe and Bent that their poven records are stamped on for a kid WHO HASN'T PLAYED A SINGLE TOPFLIGHT GAME. If Rooney is as fit as the papers are reportnig then fifteen minutes at the end of the T&T game would be perfect to get him back into competative action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. Sven is a disgrace. Bent and Defoe must be absoluitely gutted, and rightly so.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM

Gary Neville is going to miss the game by the sound of it. Carragher or Sven's pet Hargreaves to play in his place. Let's hope this not reveal, in dramatic fashion, how important Neville is to England.