100-500K 6 7.14%
500-1000K 3 3.57%
> 1000K 22 26.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Stars Bet Pot AHK ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In 16-bit colour mode perhaps? or on Vista?

[/ QUOTE ]

really weird no im on xp and 24bit color I thought it was just omaha but it didnt work for nl holdem either, oh well I got a hack I can use to bet pot in PLO so im happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it sounds like you got a desired pot-button, but anything with images is failing.

Some other things that cause image functions to fail: Running BetPot.AHK from an unextracted zip file, or from a location other than the extracted folder (so it can't find the "StarsPics" folder). Similar effect by starting from a shortcut without "Working Directory" specified correctly.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it sounds like you got a desired pot-button, but anything with images is failing.

Some other things that cause image functions to fail: Running BetPot.AHK from an unextracted zip file, or from a location other than the extracted folder (so it can't find the "StarsPics" folder). Similar effect by starting from a shortcut without "Working Directory" specified correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

changed

PicDir := "StarsPics"

to

PicDir := "C:\Documents and Settings\u\Desktop\WORKING\ahk scripts\BetPot-v0.2m\StarsPics"

and now it works perfect. the ahk script is in the BetPot-v0.2m folder like it should be it must be something with my computer i guess.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:32 PM

dave,

will betpot work with the silver buttons from the stars theme? or only the buttons from hyper-simple and default?

I have a member who needs a button patch, but the silver ones would look best.

thx,
Bar
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dave,

will betpot work with the silver buttons from the stars theme? or only the buttons from hyper-simple and default?

I have a member who needs a button patch, but the silver ones would look best.

thx,
Bar

[/ QUOTE ]
-----------------------------------
EDIT: In the current BetPot download, no. A new set of images is required. The rest of this post (pre-edit) speculates on the possibility of such resulting in success.
-----------------------------------

They may or may not. I have not tried to make an image set for "Stars Theme", so currently I do not know.

It is to do with the OCR method I use to get the numbers from the call/raise buttons...

PokerStars uses 7 font sizes for lettering on the buttons, in a similar manner to the different card sizes 0-6 that I'm sure you are familiar with.

"Hyper Simple" has a plain background for the buttons, and "PokerStars Classic" has a predominantly plain (although slightly gradient-faded) background - this means the tolerances for OCR can be set quite low.

The "Stars Theme" seems to use quite a more heavily gradient-faded button background, and this may cause issues.

It will probably work, but the tolerance may need to be increased significantly to do so. Increasing the tolerance too much leads to false positives on the numbers, which I'm sure you can imagine is a disaster.

I'll give it a try and find out for sure. Will have to wait for the double VPP promo to finish (it takes a good few hours to capture/crop the required ~77 images). The gradient is more obvious than on "PokerStars Classic" but probably not much more so that it would cause failure.

I estimate success chance at ~80%

dave.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.... "Hyper Simple" has a plain background for the buttons, and "PokerStars Classic" has a predominantly plain (although slightly gradient-faded) background - this means the tolerances for OCR can be set quite low.

The "Stars Theme" seems to use quite a more heavily gradient-faded button background, and this may cause issues.

......dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx dave,

With that info, i believe i can taylor a set of OCR friendly buttons to meet my needs.

I would imagine that you prefer to leave your tolerences as tight as possible.

thx again,
Bar
Old 05-20-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.... "Hyper Simple" has a plain background for the buttons, and "PokerStars Classic" has a predominantly plain (although slightly gradient-faded) background - this means the tolerances for OCR can be set quite low.

......dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

thx dave,

With that info, i believe i can taylor a set of OCR friendly buttons to meet my needs.

I would imagine that you prefer to leave your tolerences as tight as possible.

thx again,
Bar

[/ QUOTE ]

Are button backgrounds allowed by xthemes, or would they be overwritten on any update?

I don't think the official silver buttons will require too much lowering of the tolerance - only i haven't tried it yet, so hedging my bets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are button backgrounds allowed by xthemes, or would they be overwritten on any update?

I don't think the official silver buttons will require too much lowering of the tolerance - only i haven't tried it yet, so hedging my bets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

the buttons can be included in the XThemes - no prob

you'll laugh when you see the theme in questions, though. Obv betpot ain't gonna work with these [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://psthemes.com/Demo/elite.htm
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM

Lol there's no way those are gonna work - unless you never mouseovered buttons when script-betting, in which case they might.

nice themes tho - I have my PTY buttons do similar light-up on mouseover tricks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 10:47 PM

here is a patch for the elite theme.

http://psthemes.com/forum/index.php?...mod;dl=item117

i'm not 100% sure if this will work with BetPot or not.

If not, I will need to make the buttons lighter in color.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 PM

First of all, thanks a lot for making this script Dave. I'm having problems with the script when I shrink the PokerStars table to as small as they can get. I'm using Vista with a 1600x1200 resolution and the script works fine on all the other table sizes except the smallest. The middle wheel sroll still works, but it won't work when I bet. Is there a way to fix this?