Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

1. I don't think anyone should celebrate or condemn the decision reached by Stars, as the information uncovered by their investigation is not known (unless your cause for celebration is your dislike of Telscher, in which case you should celebrate). I think given the magnitude of this situation, Stars should make an effort to reveal some information while at the same time protecting any information that would reveal super-sophisticated investigative techniques that could be exploited in the future by cheaters.

2. Nor do I think Stars can be given credit for making a decision that benefits the integrity of the game while hurting their bottom line. It may well be the case that the best business decision, given the publicity this situation has received at least among hard-core Internet poker players, was to disqualify the winner rather than sweeping it under the rug.

3. Saying to multiaccounters that if you get caught multiaccounting you will not get the prize money in the tournament in which you were caught multiaccounting is a woefully inadequate deterrent. TheVoid lost a $2600 entry fee here, big deal. Was it worth it to take a shot at winning over $1 million? From a cost/benefit perspective (setting ethical considerations aside), undoubtedly. I think the only thing that is going to deter multiaccounting is turning over these cases for criminal prosecution. While this probably could be done in this case if the Villain(s) were playing in England, it will never be done in the United States due to Stars' questionable legal status/practices over here.

4. While far from a perfect solution, bumping up everyone one level is the least speculative and therefore best solution, which is why it is used by all sporting contests in similar situations. Sure, g-p could have won the whole thing, but perhaps another person would have been sitting in the same spot and been dealt the same cards. Short of a redo, which of course would be ridiculous, I think this is the best thing that can be done.

5. Those of you that believe that this situation should be kept as quiet as possible so as to minimize the effect to your own bottom line probably have good careers ahead of you as insider traders. Or perhaps you could work for the governments in China, Russia or Venezuela making decisions about what news should be broadcast to the masses. I think it's appalling that the poker media did not pick up on this story before, and will only do so now if Stars gives its blessing.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the void busted me two spots away from the bubble, but i get nothing ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Support,

I had heard the rumors that perhaps The_Void was a 2nd account of someone and blah blah blah. Now I heard that you guys have finished the investigation and determined he broke the rules, and his prize money will be redistributed.

Since I went relatively deep in this tournament, this was kind of good news to me, as I figured maybe I'd make some more money. I then read that everyone is simply moving up a spot on the pay scale.

To me, this does not seem fair.

Now, the person who got 415th place makes $2998.00 more than he had. ka$ino in 2nd place takes home an additional $677,548! However for all of us who cashed in an arbitrary (meaning non payscale bubble) spot, we don't make anything more. How is that fair?

I understand that this is your decision and it's almost certainly final. I know that this e-mail will not make you guys change your decision on how to distribute the $1.378M. I am mostly just curious why you think that is the fairest way to redistribute the money.

Wouldn't it be more fair to say, take the $1,378,330.50 and pretend like that's a whole new prize pool? And then 2nd place (who got 9.35% of the initial prize pool) would get 9.35% of the $1,378,330.50. And so on down the pay line. The problem with this is that you would be left with 18.39% (first place percentage) of the initial first place money. But you could simply do the same thing with that 18.39%. This would probably have to happen about 5 times or something until you are left with an arbitrary amount of money not worth distributing proportionally (say, $1). This way EVERYONE who cashed makes more money, and it's more indicative of their performance and luck from the tournament.

Again, I don't expect you guys to overturn your decision, I just want to know why it's fair that many of us who cashed get NONE of the redistributed $1.3M and others get respectable chunks of it simply for happening to land on a payscale bubble spot when they busted?

Sincerely,

A slightly upset Xaston
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM

word up xaston
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM

^^ this seems like a good idea.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

this is great for online poker
Old 10-15-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is great for online poker

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's terrible
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know why it's fair that many of us who cashed get NONE of the redistributed $1.3M and others get respectable chunks of it simply for happening to land on a payscale bubble spot when they busted?

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, that's tournament poker.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

sigh now rays the officially bubbble [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to know why it's fair that many of us who cashed get NONE of the redistributed $1.3M and others get respectable chunks of it simply for happening to land on a payscale bubble spot when they busted?

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, that's tournament poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I cashed as well, and I am not complaining. We gotta pick our battles.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:35 PM

I came in 2153rd and want my share.
Closed Thread